We stayed at the Richmond location after having previously stayed at the downtown Holiday Inn (on Howe street).
The rooms at the Holiday Inn on Howe were positively huge when compared to this hotels.
- free parking
- free continental buffet (bread, cereal, cinnamon roll)
- only 10 mins from the airport and there is a shuttle available
- if you intend to sightsee be advised that this hotel is an easy 30-45 mins drive to downtown, certainly not ideal to see the central core, its fine if you intend to explore the outer area of the city though
- the rooms are small, we had requested an extra cot and whilst they had it in there (standing up next to the door) there was no room to actually lay it down on the ground!! So we had to have it removed from the room (they should have been honest about this when we made our bookings).
Whats the point of standing a cot on its head in the room when its not possible to actually lay it down and use it!! Thats just deceitful business practice. So we were very cramped in this room.
- whilst the buffet was free it is served in a lobby area (as there is no in-house restaurant) - often there was no place to sit and things ran out as there was very little serving space so you had to keep waiting for things to get refilled only to face a mob of hungry people and fight through a crowd to get something - waaaay too crowded.
- there is a Tim Hortons down a block but very few restaurants in the immediate vicinity, make sure you have dinner somewehere lese otherwise factor in driving about 25 mins to eat (we did order Pizza in one night from a place called "Camys Pizza" - reception will provide you with their flyer upon request - and the it was REALLY good - highly recommended).
Note: Keep your confirmation number handy - on check-in the front desk staff made out like they could not find our reservation and kept asking if we were confirmed (which we were).
I wouldn't stay here again as I found it poorly situated for touristy activities and I also disliked the very small rooms and the rush I would face for breakfast.
It may be Ok for a single business-person or a couple but certainly not a family and not if you like to be in a central location with lots of activity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the Holiday Inn Express Vancouver Airport Hotel Our Richmond (Vancouver), BC hotel is conveniently located near the Vancouver International Airport in Richmond. Home of the 2010 Winter Olympic Games, the city is a hub of culture that will connect you to a plethora of superb attractions. Vancouver exists as a metropolitan refuge surrounded by natural beauty, bringing nature and civilization together. Our Vancouver Airport hotel is close to several sights and attractions like the 2010 Olympic Oval, Buddhist Temple, and the River Rock Casino. The Museum of Anthropology at the University of British Columbia, Granville Island, Gastown and the Steveston Fishing Village are other attractions we encourage travelers to see while staying in our hotel. Vancouver, Canada is a diverse and historic city where vacation dreams come to life. In this bustling metro, film, international trade and technology are all important industries. The versatility of the city presents many opportunities to corporate guests of our hotel. Our Vancouver travelers can rest assured that while staying on our executive floor, they will experience a relaxing, focused environment. During your visit to Vancouver (Richmond), enjoy our choice amenities including the complimentary Express Start Breakfast Bar, high-speed, wireless Internet access and free local calls at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel at the Vancouver Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Vancouver Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Vancouver Airport Hotel Richmond
- Holiday Inn Express Richmond
- Holiday Inn Richmond