“Quick service”

The Buffet At River Rock
Reserve with OpenTable
The Buffet At River Rock is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 948 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bridgeport
Description: The Buffet at River Rock features a large variety of all your favorite dishes, and many to surprise and delight you. Over the years, it has become a popular destination to enjoy a special occasion with friends and family, and for resort guests it's a proven crowd-pleaser. With 260 seats, the Buffet can be bustling on a weekend evening, or Sunday, so come early to avoid the lines. Enjoy endless options, from pasta and Chef choice of roast carvings, seafood dishes, sushi, salads and more. Our dishes are inspired by the best of West Coast cuisine, with a focus on fresh, locally sourced ingredients. And don't forget to leave room to enjoy one of our specially hand-crafted desserts, including pies, tarts, cakes, and mousse. Located above the casino floor, the Buffet treats guests to sensational views of the Fraser River. The Buffet is open seven days a week for breakfast and dinner, lunch Monday to Saturday and Sunday Brunch and Dinner. One private function room are available for special events*. *Please inquire early for availability
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Fast service, not gourmet but mostly what you would expect from a buffet! Child friendly, great coffee and nice views of the waterfront!

1  Thank Blueoceanskies

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I'm not always a buffet person, but I really like the buffet at the River Rock. We have eaten there for dinner several times, and have the breakfast buffet each time we stay (usually monthly). Food is good and fresh, plenty of options for vegetarians, and the dessert counter seems endlessly filled with decadent treats. There is an self-serve icecream station that my kids love!

1  Thank Mel O
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I ate dinner at The Buffet while we were staying the River Rock. We enjoyed our stay but were not happy at The Buffet. The food was actually quite good, although there wasn't enough of a selection of hot food for $33 a person. What made our experience bad was our waitress. We got Sarb - she was attentive in getting our drinks when we first came in, but that was about it. She totally deserted us after that. We could see her walking around but she barely ever checked on us. I was waiting to ask for some tea to have with my desert for over 20 minutes and finally had to wave her over to ask for it and she was not pleasant when I did. I should note that she was not too busy with other tables at all, as I saw her cleaning tables and walking away from her section without even asking us if we needed anything. I also noticed other tables around us being neglected - one person actually got up and got a coffee pot from the station and serve himself and his table because he didn't want to wait for her anymore. At the end when we were trying to pay for our drinks, we waited another half an hour for her to come over or even look our way so we could ask her for a pen to sign our slip. We ended up just getting up and borrowing a pen from the hostess station. We explained that Sarb never came and finally after waiting so long we just wanted to pay and go and the response we got was "okay, no problem". Actually it is a problem!! Needless to say I did not leave a tip, which I hate doing, but I was so unimpressed with our experience. We won't be coming back to The Buffet again, which is a shame since the food was good and we do usually enjoy dinner, but I'm not going to pay that kind of price to be completely ignored.

3  Thank Sfsmith8
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I liked the vibe a lot. Food was tasty and affordable. Service was pleasant, it could have been faster but that wasn't a huge issue.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We were at the River Rock Casino for one night and went to the buffet at 5 pm when it opened. We were told that there would be an hour and a half wait, even though there was only a small lineup, there was no explanation why we had to wait so long. Once the pager went off to say we could get a table, we were seated at a small table by the coffee and water station and the whole restaurant was extremely noisey.
I went to the salad bar first which was very fresh and had a nice variety, of the regulars. The artichoke and olive salad was very nice. Buns were fresh and they use real butter. Their sushi station was being made on the spot and had a nice variety.
My husband headed to the hot foods and came back to the table with almost nothing! What he had chosen tasted badly and he said the only thing that he liked was the mashed potatoes and sliced roast beef, the vegetables were way undercooked, the chow mein was dry and there seemed to be curry in everything, he hates curry!
After my salad I went to the hot station, the only thing that I thought would be okay was the mac and cheese, but the spoon was covered with melted mozerella cheese (maybe) and I could barely serve myself. I tried the mashed potatoes, I dont eat beef and the pig`s head stared at me so I couldn`t eat the roast pork. Back to the table with hardly anything, I tasted the mac and cheese and it had a weird spice and tasted very bad, how can mac and cheese get screwed up?
The mashed potatoes had no flavour. I looked at my husband and he at me, and we shook our heads. We are buffet people and had just returned from a week at Las Vegas eating buffets for every meal, and have stayed at many all inclusives in Mexico so we have a very experienced opinion of what a buffet should be like and we will never be back to this buffet.
The hot foods are all mismatched, bland, or spiced inappropriately, undercooked vegetables and sloppy meat dishes that would normally go with pasta, but there was no plain pasta.
I tried the dessert bar and found a few yummy treats, even a bowl of melted chocolate with a few pieces of fruit, what happened to the chocolate fountain and the fresh strawberries?
We were both discusted and fed up and left the restaurant still hungry.
What can they do to breakfast - so we decided to give them one more try, the breakfast buffet was included in the cost of the room. It was a whole different place and food. Great service and attentive waiters. Every thing that should be at a breakfast buffet was there and tasted wonderfully. The girl at the egg station made great omelettes and did my eggs perfectly! The toast was great, coffee hot and wonderful, butter real, strawberries and whip cream for the waffles and crispy bacon to die for! Perfect!
So just go to the buffet restaurant for breakfast you won't go wrong.

2  Thank Sandra R