“Gym & pool inconveniently located, internet use expensive”

Westin Wall Centre Vancouver Airport
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Smithers, Canada
“Gym & pool inconveniently located, internet use expensive”
Reviewed November 27, 2010

Nice hotel but little difficult to find as it is tucked away on a back street
Gym & pool was inconveniently located, down a hall, down some stairs & on and on
Elevator did not go to floor it was located on
Internet use was very expensive. Even cheaper hotels let you use internet for free.
Rooms were exceptionally modern
Staff was helpful

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed November 13, 2010

We arrived after midnight, tired after a very long flight. The shuttle arrived within minutes of us telephoning the hotel and upon arrival, the girl at the desk went out of her way to be helpful and pleasant and definitely appreciated how tired we were. She said we could extend checkout the next day (noon is the usual time) by just letting the desk know in the morning.

Bed was exceptionally comfortable and room very modern, clean and bright. We were given a room on an upper floor overlooking the mountains - not bad considering we were Priceline winners!

Room very quiet, good quality lotions and soaps etc. and the towels very plush.

One comment I would make is that as a short person, I found that the ultra modern sink in the bathroom was both a tad too high and set too far back for my height which made it a bit uncomfortable for me to use. The bathroom in general was absolutely gorgeous however with a super walk in shower and separate deep bath.

As we arrived very late the night before and left at 11am. we did not explore the hotel or location but the staff were all very friendly.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
leiston
Reviewed November 4, 2010

A really lovely hotel near the airport and transport into the city. Very bright and modern. Staff went out of their way to help and advise you. Room large and light with amazing beds and lovely bathroom with walk in shower. Everything you could want except a free bottle of drinking water that was charged to my room after we had left. It did have a tag on it but I assumed that was for extra bottles - anyway it is £4.50 for a small bottle - bit over the top I think!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed October 22, 2010

As a platinum travelers with Continental airlines, Gold with American Airlines and silver with US airways and Platinum with Starwood I clearly travel a lot. I'm not easily impressed, Starwood hotels has always done the best for me.

I had the shocking pleasure of staying at The Westin Wall Centre, Vancouver Airport
10/15/2010 - 10/16/2010 when I missed the last flight out of Vancouver. The check in process was flawless, the staff amazingly kind and totally professional. My room was upgraded without request, to a suite, this is not uncommon with Starwood but this suite was over the top. The appointments and quality was absolutely noticeable. After traveling so much things often become less noticeable. The floor to ceiling glass windows with views of the city made me feel like I was on vacation.

I was really tired and not but decided not to order room service but to go to the restaurant in the hotel. I was amazed by the server, Justin Sparks and the quality and creativeness of the food by Chef Hamid Salimian. They accommodated my dairy free needs and went overboard making offer of menu modifications/suggestions. I finally left it up to the chef and he prepared a dish the was perfect on every level. I was so impressed I ask to meet him to thank him for accommodating my diary free needs but for making such an incredible dinner. I have never asked to speak with a chef at a hotel restaurant to compliment him. Everything at the property was hitting on all cylinders, guest rooms, staff intelligence, competency and knowledge. Hotel service, food and wine was 5 stars!!

This is only the 2nd time I've ever taken the time to write a review on trip advisor.

I still can't believe how impressed I was and that it was an airport hotel. The last trip to Vancouver I stayed at the Fairmont Pacific Rim which was very good, but not compared to the Westin Wall Center. The food and service went far beyond the Fairmont, your just not in the city, you’re at the airport. I know when I return to Vancouver I will stay at the airport Westin and go in to the city for my meetings.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Glenn44
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed October 8, 2010

It was a gorgeous hotel! The rooms were very nice and very relaxing and calm. It looked very classy and elegant despite being the lower priced rooms.

The room service was amazing, the staff very helpful and accomodating.

The only thing was that it was in a weird industrial area that was kind of sketchy at night times and had a weird mill at the back of the hotel.

The walls were very thick, could not hear anything and you could scream and shout as much as you want (party!)

It was a fun stay, but I would definitely recommend having a car because you are in the end of nowhere.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 4, 2010

Need a one night stay before an early flight and was able to pick this one up on Priceline for $95 - Tip: it's the only 4* Airport Hotel. Check in was quick and efficient. My parents had driven us there and were joining us for dinner so the valet parked their car for free. King room was spacious and modern. They even have the same bathroom sink as us! Shuttle to airport next day was right on time. When we need an airport hotel again we will stay here for sure.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank West_Coast_YVR
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 28, 2010

Put me on spg 14th floor- great room - great bed/ shower/ Tv quality (Phillips). A few tips- use Airport shuttle at the second level of airport- comes every 20 mins. Use this to get around - and if you need to get to downtown - get the train from the Airport. Restaurant across the road - seafood was excellent - had maple salmon on cedar plank a bit pricey but worth it.
The work out area is a bit of a walk / so is the pool- all new equipment though! Business centre did not charge for airport check in

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business