“As step above the norm for sure!”

Westin Wall Centre Vancouver Airport
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Goderich, Canada
“As step above the norm for sure!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

I love it when you walk into a hotel room and it is so much more than what you expect and normally find. Our room was bright (they had all the lights on waiting for us), fresh and new. It was not the run of the mill look. You instantly feel good about being here. It had a large walk in shower along with a modern deep tub if you wanted to soak for a while. There is a charge for parking but at least the internet was free. Close to the airport makes this an ideal spot if you are flying in or out. I think you will be happy here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
WallCentreHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Westin Wall Centre Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear 1qaz2leadu4rd, thank you for commenting on your latest stay at the Wall Centre and expressing your very satisfaction from the moment you walked into our amazing hotel and your beautiful guestroom. We certainly appreciate your feedback and are so glad to hear that everything has been wonderful all throughout your stay, including the large walk-in shower and deep soaker bathtub in your guestroom bathroom. Thank you for recommending us in such a high manner, we value your words of praise and hope that you will return for a visit soon. Safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Terrace, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

After arriving in Vancouver on a late flight, we checked in after the restaurant had closed. The gentleman at the front desk directed us to nearby eateries and then was kind enough to take our bags up to the room for us while we got some dinner. Our room was lovely, the bathroom in particular. Very clean and well lit and the bed was among one of the most comfortable I have ever found in a hotel. The complimentary bottled water and Starbucks coffee are nice touches. We will certainly be back!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
WallCentreHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Westin Wall Centre Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear JLace30, thank you for commenting on your previous stay and pointing out all the wonderful details within your guestroom that made your stay so much more enjoyable and provided complete satisfaction. We are delighted to hear about the amazing experience you have encountered with our Heavenly Bed as well as the overall cleanliness upon your check-in. On another note we do would like to apologize for the inconvenience connected to our apron restaurant and that you were unable to eat dinner after a very long flight. Our kindest apologies; we thank you for your patience and hope to welcome you again soon.
Spruce Grove, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

On the weekend of April 5/6, I was attending a course at this facility. A young gentleman named Americo was serving the group. When it was identified that I had a food allergy, he went above and beyond to ensure I was able to enjoy my meals in safety. He even kept my sorbet frozen until I completed my meal before bringing it out to me. He also took the initiative to review the food with me the next day. He is an excellent example of exemplary service.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
WallCentreHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Westin Wall Centre Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Yvonne B, thank you kindly for taking your very positive experience to our TripAdvisor page and providing us with your feedback. We are very pleased about your delightful encounter with our guest services team, assisting you with everything that you needed regarding your food allergy. Helping our guests and making their stay as comfortable as possible is important to us and we certainly are proud to have an excellent team aside. Thank you for reviewing your stay Yvonne B and we hope to see you again soon.
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

One of the best Westin hotels, with the magnificent views and the stylish guest room. The only drawback is the location - there is no restaurant closeby, so need to take a taxi to go to any decent restaurant. However, the proximity to the airport is a great advantage who come to stay for a transit. The service level was also satisfactory. There is a gym and a pool with jacuzzi that are not so crowded.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank letsmakeitbetter
WallCentreHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Westin Wall Centre Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear letsmakeitbetter, thank you for expressing your very satisfaction while staying with us at the Wall Centre recently. It has been our pleasure to have welcomed you to our hotel and it is absolutely wonderful that you enjoyed every single moment of your visit; especially the beautiful view of the water and mountains surrounding us. Thank you kindly for your very positive review of our amazing Health Club facility; the relaxing atmosphere surely takes away from the fast-paced energy of our daily lives. letsmakeitbetter we are looking forward to your next stay and hope you have a safe journey back home.
Courtenay, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

I have stayed here a couple of times (the last time on the evening of the 21st of March). The hotel is about 5 minutes from YVR, yet the rooms are nice & quiet, well appointed and very clean. They also have a very good indoor pool, a large change room and excellent work-out room. The staff is great and there is a free shuttle to & from the airport that runs every 15 minutes.
The bar/restaurant is also great and moderately priced.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank 889Tony
WallCentreHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Westin Wall Centre Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear 889 Tony, thank you for expressing your positive experience and providing us with all the wonderful things you have encountered throughout your most recent stay. We are delighted to hear that this has not been your first visit and thank you kindly for your loyalty. The Wall Centre appreciates your feedback especially regarding our outstanding health club facility with our faboulous indoor pool, as well as the detailed attention you have received from our associates.
We are looking forward to your return 889 Tony, please let us know at gm@wallcentre.com should your travels bring you this way once again.
Brisbane
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

The rooms at this hotel are very nice however the service of staff is more akin to a 1 star hotel. This is not the first time I have encountered bad service at this hotel.

I had a 2.30am flight and checked with the front desk as to the time for the last shuttle. I was told 12.45am so I packed my bags and arrived in reception at 12.30am. The shuttle never arrived. When I asked the front office attendant (Cody) where the bus was he said the last bus was at 12.30am. I corrected him and said the shuttles go to the airport at 1/4 to and 1/4 past the hour and not on the hour/half-hour. He then tried to contact the shuttle driver and when he couldn't get through he simply said he must have gone home early. He then walked off and got into the lift and went to another part of the hotel. After 10 minutes he re-emerged at which time I gave him a right serve as to his lack of professionalism. I asked to see the duty manager - Cody said the duty manager (Allan) could not talk to me as he was too busy doing other things - this at 1am in the morning.

Eventually I had to ask Cody to get me a taxi to the the airport. When the taxi arrived I asked Cody if the hotel would be paying for it given what had happened. He said it would not and I'd have to pay for it myself. All up I paid $15 for the taxi which I should never have had to pay. A small amount I know but aggravated by Cody's attitude.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank David K
Dear David K, thank you kindly for expressing your concerns regarding your latest stay at The Wall Centre. We certainly appreciate your feedback and would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologize for the way you have experienced our guest services. It has been absolutely not our intention to dissatisfy you in any way and we regret to hear about your very unpleasant encounter. Please be assured that we have relayed your suggestions to our management in order to take further actions and provide additional training. David K, it is important for us to connect with our guests in order to find out more details; therefore please contact us at gm@wallcentre.com at your earliest convenience. Thank you for your patience.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

thank you krista Hanson for such wonderful customer service - this review is a couple months late but I wanted to let you know that I was impressed with the service and everything about the hotel. my room was beautiful - modern and very clean!! the restaurant was perfect for breakfast and dinner. the eggs benny was a favorite!!

• Stayed December 2013
WallCentreHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Westin Wall Centre Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Tammy L, we kindly thank you for taking the time, even after 2 months, to review your previous stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and all the positive words you have communicated regarding our exceptional customer service. Please be assured that we have forwarded your praise to our management team; what a joy. You are more than welcome about the beautiful guestroom at The Wall Centre; nothing less than the best for our loyal guests at any given time. Thank you once again for your 5-point rating Tammy L and we are looking very much forward to your return very soon.