“Poor customer service and 4 broken car windows”

Westin Wall Centre Vancouver Airport
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Seattle, Washington
“Poor customer service and 4 broken car windows”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for years yet during this visit 4 of my car windows were smashed in the valet and all the hotel was will to do was comp valet charges. I have to stay 2 extra nights incurring room fees and food expenses. Not to mention a $500 deductible for car insurance. When I park in front and hand the keys to valet I expect it to be parked in a safe location. I do not go in to the garage and I was not told of an signage regarding liability. I am highly dissatisfied with The Westin customer service. I also have 2 children under age 3 with me. I will never stay nor will I recommend the hotel to anyone again as I have done in the past.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Ahanth
WallCentreHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Westin Wall Centre Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Ahanth, thank you for taking the time to connect with us and comment on your recent stay. We certainly appreciate your feedback and would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused concerning your automobile and the damage occurred. Our security management has taken immediate corrective measures in order to prevent a situation like this from happening in the near future. Ahanth, please contact us at gm@wallcentre.com to discuss further details. Once again our apologies and we thank you for your patience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Cortlandt Manor
Reviewed December 10, 2013

This review for a large catered dinner only.

Very good with choices of salads, veggie dishes, selections of roasted meats, and quality breads. Attractively presented. Attentive servers. Desserts merely average.

Gripes: how can you offer gin and tequila at the drink station but not offer a martini or margarita drink? Who's the beverage manager planning this???

Tip: Parking is expensive so consider street parking at your own risk. Few minute walk from SkyTrain.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AisleSeat01
Fort St. John, Canada
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We stayed here on 2 separate occasions in the last 2 weeks. The front desk staff are amazing and check in was simple.
First stay we had a corner room. It was beautiful but we didn't have the chance to really enjoy it as we were off at 3:45am the next morning so it was more of a quick stop over.
Second stay we had a standard king room.

Let me tell you about the rooms. They're spacious with a smaller sitting area and a massive bathroom with a walk in shower and a full tub. The beds are absolutely amazing. They still feel very new and I don't think there is a bad room in the hotel. The views might change but we didn't hear any outside noise.

The Restaurant was really good, I'll do a separate review on it if its on trip advisor.

We did have an incident on the second stay where some other guests thought it to be a good idea to party in the hallways at 1 am screaming and yelling. I called down to the front desk and they promptly dealt with the issue and sincerely apologized for the inconvenience. I don't like to comment on specific problems that we encountered that others wouldn't normally come across but I wanted to point out that the front desk did everything to keep us happy.

I can stay that we will definitely stay at this hotel again whether its a few days in the Vancouver area or just an overnight before a flight. I will recommend this hotel to anyone in the area and thank them for the 2 excellent stays.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
WallCentreHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Westin Wall Centre Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear mdhammer, thank you for taking the time to communicate your suggestions to us through our TripAdvisor page. Your 5-point rating is a wonderful feedback that we are very pleased with; we will be sure to share your positive words with our management. Our kindest apologies for the noise disturbance you have experienced while staying with us. Please note that this was an isolated incident and corrective measures have been taken. Once again thank you kindly for your review and we are looking forward seeing you in the near future. Greetings from Vancouver.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I did not know there was a Wall Centre by the airport and discovered this property while looking up rates at the Four Points Sheraton. I found a very good long weekend rate so why not. What we found was a very modern, comfortable property with a few quirks.

This was a difficult hotel to find. Scratch that - it's a difficult hotel to get to. You can see it kilometres away but I would never have found it without our GPS (we arrived in the dark). It's just as confusing leaving. Located in an industrial area with a lot of construction going on - I'm sure access will be better eventually but it was tough.

The underground parkade (parking was included with our rate) was strange. It's a shared parkade with adjoining condo complexes, the end result being gated entrances and sections everywhere and marked hotel parking. We're not sure what purpose the marked triple parked stalls served.

We stayed in a double queen room which was spacious, very well appointed and comfortable. I love hotels that have HD TVs and actually provide an HD signal. No shortage of power stations either to plug in our devices. The bathroom was gorgeous with a huge separate shower and tub. Unfortunately the cost of a modern looking sink is nowhere to put your stuff. We're not sure if the wall thermostat actually did anything or not as the temperature never changed regardless of what we set it to. In the end, we just turned it off. Soundproofing was very good - we couldn't hear anything from outside.

The pool area was very nice - bright and spacious with the strangest entrance I have ever seen in a hotel. You access it on the 5th floor but have to go down a set of stairs to the 4th floor and through a maze of long hallways to get to it. Again, I'm pretty sure the pool is shared with the condos and connecting it to the hotel was obviously an afterthought. Really cold water though - good for lap swimming. Not so good for frolicking.

We ate breakfast in the small restaurant - very good service and what you would expect for food. Tasty but nothing that stands out. Prices weren't bad for a Westin.

We have stayed in many of the airport hotels around Richmond and this is one of best one in my opinion. It's a very good option for travelers like us who had a car with them and didn't want to pay to park it downtown.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank patrickbpenguin
Dear patrickbpenguin, thank you for expressing your suggestions concerning your latest stay. It is much appreciated and we surely are pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful time while staying with us. Your positive words in regards of your visit of The Apron Restaurant have been forwarded to our Food & Beverage Manager in order to communicate your praise to our team. Should you return to The Wall Centre in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact us at gm@wallcentre.com and we would be more than glad to assist you with your upcoming reservations.
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I stay at this location at least four times a year. Conveniently located near the airport but far enough from the runways to get a good nights sleep. Front desk staff are friendly and efficient, always willing to recommend a local eatery.
The rooms are well appointed similar to other Westin properties. The route to the gym/pool is cumbersome but well worth it. Great views from the pool/spa.
I have had some nice breakfasts in the restaurant on the ground floor. Great service from the Aussie waitress!
Parking is convenient and at a reasonable cost. Great Asian eateries on #3 Road, step outside your comfort zone and try some squab or Geoduck!

Room Tip: For a good night's sleep ask for a room at the front of the building. The other rooms on the str...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear dds60, thank you for commenting on your latest stay experience with us. We are always delighted when you return to The Wall Centre, and are glad to know it was such a wonderful experience for you, as always. Your positive words inspired us and your complete satisfaction is our number one goal. We are looking forward to your return, please do not hesitate to let us know at gm@wallcentre.com in order for us to create an even more memorable stay for you.
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is conveniently located except it is tricky trying to find the place and even harder to leave due to construction and the hotel being located on a one-way street that takes you through an industrial area. Trying to find the road to the airport is not the easy. When I checked in I asked for a Club Room but they were sold out, which is ok. I was also informed that the Club Lounge is for Platinum guests only. I felt very discounted as a Gold member who spends many nights at SPG hotels.

I was also placed in a room right next to the elevator and my room had an adjoining room and I could hear the lady in the room next to me talking on the phone. Sound proofing was non-existing in this hotel. I do not want to listen to my neighbours TV and phone calls while I try to relax.

I also ate at the restaurant and the food was fantastic but the service was very slow. The two waitresses took turns coming to my table which was odd. Usually you have one waitress for the same table. It took me over entire hour to complete the dining service and there was only 6 guests in the restaurant. Surprisingly it was the desert that took the longest to come to my table. Nice looking hotel and the rooms are very nice but the negatives outweigh the positives.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Polytech
WallCentreHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Westin Wall Centre Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Polytech, thank you for connecting with us directly in order to provide us with the details of your most recent stay experience. We regret to hear about the circumstances you have encountered during your visit and would like to extend our sincerest apologies to you. Your Starwood Preferred Guest gold status membership should have been recognized, absolutely Polytech, and we have forwarded your suggestions to our front office management in order to follow up immediately. Should you decide to stay at The Wall Centre Hotel in the near future, we would like to provide you with a very different stay experience; at your convenience please contact us at gm@wallcentre.com Thank you for your patience. It is much appreciated.
Los Angeles
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We arrived quite late at night and the room was ready for us and was quite well appointed. We were greeted with our SPG plat status mentioned and a small upgrade given (the hotel was very busy that evening). Nice professional staff in restaurant.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear DrSteve818, thank you for providing us with your very pleasant stay experience and taking the time to express your appreciation. The comfort and satisfaction of our guests is important to us. It is wonderful to hear that you were highly impressed with our approach regarding your Starwood Preferred Guest membership. DrSteve818, should you decide to travel to The Wall Centre Hotel in the near future please do not hesitate to contact us at gm@wallcentre.com in order to assist you with the arrangements. Safe travels.