Westin Wall Centre Vancouver Airport
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewsboathouse restaurantheavenly beddeep tubcorner roomvancouver airportseparate tubclub floorfloor to ceiling windowsnice bathroomwalk in showerrichmond night marketnext morningbusiness centergreat roomcanada linerichmond areafour points
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Well - as a Hotwire bargain buy, thishotel wasn't a bad choice for a couple of nights (arriving from London early evening and departing to Vancouver Island early morning with a day's sightseeing shoehorned in).

The shuttle turned up just as i got to the pickup point, and I was at check-in a couple of minutes later. The nice young man on the desk turned away the rude couple who tried to push in and said "This young lady was first" and i was on my way to my room within minutes.

The room was lovely - but the direct view was of the aforementioned condo building, but I had a choice of two double beds and all the fixtures and fittings were absolutely first rate (I want that bathroom in my house!) with great quality toiletries. I had a great night's sleep and didn't hear a sound from either the airport or fellow guests!

I took breakfast the first morning in the Apron restaurant, and paid $30CAD for coffee, fruit juice and a single large fruit pancake which i thought was on the pricey side - but then - this is a 5* hotel so not too surprising. Service was excellent and came with a natural smile. In fact ALL of the staff I encountered were wonderful and a credit to their employer.

BUT - and this is what stopped them getting a 5 circle mark - it was the penny pinching
charges for things most establishments include in the price. There were two bottles of water in the room - for sale at $5.95 plus tax each, the same bottles were $2 each at the liquor store in the Comfort Inn next door, and if you wanted to use wifi it was either $12.95 or $18.95 per 24 hrs. thankfully I had my own water bought in Heathrow Airport, and managed without the internet until the next morning......

For somewhere to lay your head in comfort its great - and its a 10 min walk to the nearest Skyline station and another 10-15 mins from there to downtown Vancouver so its not as isolated as it could be... however - I'm not sure that I would risk the walk alone after dark - its really not that nice an area!

Room Tip: Beware the condo view rooms (the even numbers!)
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank CarolynUK
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Gorgeous room in perfect condition. Wish I could have stayed more than a quick night (on business). The bathroom was spectacular (loved the glass walk-in shower and separate tub).

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 28, 2011

I stayed here with my family for two nights. We usually stay at the Four Seasons when in Vancouver but decided to try this hotel for a change since we had errands to do and people to visit in the Richmond and South Vancouver area. For these purposes, this hotel was great.

We had a North-facing suite that was large and had a nice view. We could see the mountains and had a view of the approach path for YVR. The hotel is in an industrial/commercial area so the immediate view from our room was of a cement plant as mentioned in other reviews. The room was new and very nice. The service is not bad but not on par with a 5-star establishment like a Four Seasons, etc.

A few notes:
- If you are a tourist visiting Vancouver for the first time, this is NOT a good hotel for you. It is nowhere near any of the usual tourist attractions and it is not near public transit.
- If you need an airport hotel for travel purposes, it would be a good choice but do yourself a favour and stay at the Fairmont that is in YVR - you won't be disappointed.
- If you need to be in the Richmond area or want to stay outside of downtown, this is a pretty good choice if you have a car. Ask for a room that is facing North.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank GIMD
Reviewed August 22, 2011

This is a lovely hotel with wonderful customer service. I requested a quiet room on a high floor and was given one without question. It was spacious and lovely. The bed was comfortable with high quality linens. The wood and water motif throughout the hotel gives a feeling of tranquility.

I used their airport shuttle service and took the sky train into the city the next day. Very convenient. I enjoyed the indoor pool, as it was peaceful, clean and warm. Staff was friendly and beyond helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Nice new hotel. Rooms are great, loved the comfy bed. Access to the airport is ideal. Service at check in was great.

Only problem was the pool area. Hot tub had brown foamy scum with hair floating on the top. (I am not one to obsessed with cleanliness, but this was bad). Also, there were no towels available in the pool area.

I would stay again, but I'd check that tub before I got in.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business