“Memorable - courtesy of Adele”

Harold's Bistro & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Harold's Bistro & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 913 Restaurants in Richmond
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Centre
Cross street: Minoru Blvd
Transit: The Bistro and Lounge can be easily accessible by transit buses or by taxi. We are a five minute walk from the Brighouse station on the Canada Line.
Description: Upon entering Harold's Bistro, you'll undoubtedly be drawn to the warm & welcoming atmosphere of this Richmond favourite, named after a guest who has dined with us daily for more than 35 years. Our menu will have you wondering if you're at home or on the road, and our wide selection of locals wines, beer on tap, and spirits from around the world guarantees to offer something for everyone. Connect with colleagues and friends in the bar. The lively atmosphere, plasma-screen TVs and inviting courtyard patio will supply the perfect ending to a productive day. Every day for over 35 years, Mr. Harold Cross has been coming to our place for lunch. In fact, you may see him sitting at his usual spot by the window, greeting everyone by name, sharing a laugh and offering a warm smile. Our biggest fan and one of the nicest people you'll ever meet, we couldn't think of a better name for our restaurant. See you tomorrow, Harold!
Abuja, Abuja Capital Territory, Nigeria
“Memorable - courtesy of Adele”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

The menu is simple to understand and the team members are very helpful with healthy recommendations depending on your expectations.

Visited March 2013

Richmond, Canada
“Casual dinner with family”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Had a wonderful experience watching the Canucks game and sharing some delicious appetizers with my brother. The waitress, Chandace, was very friendly and attentive. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was really comfortable. we had a great time. Thanks Harold's we will be back for sure.

• Visited March 2013
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
“Excellent Value on Steak Night Special”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

The first night was excellent. Went with family. Steak was excellent. Services was excellent. The next time I went I was by myself. It was well after the dinner time rush. There were empty tables however I felt I was left standing "waiting" to be seated for too long of a period. I am physically disabled and can not stand for long periods of time. So I went to anther restaurant in the area.

Visited February 2013
Richmond, Canada
“Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Harold’s Bistro & Bar is attached to the Sheraton Hotel kitty-corner to the Richmond Mall shopping centre.

This restaurant is named after its namesake Harold Cross who frequents the bistro on almost a daily basis. In fact, when we were there on Sunday, Harold was there having lunch.

The restaurant was mostly empty around lunch time; maybe 6-8 tables with customers. We made use of an entertainment coupon.

My spouse ordered the blackened halibut on a ciabatta bun with fries. The halibut was tender but not spicy.

I ordered the Harold’s specialty beef burger (ciabatta bun) with caramelized onions, mushrooms, provolone cheese and back bacon. I substituted the fries with a small green salad with a balsamic vinegar dressing. The portion size of the burger was in the 6 ounce range.
The burger was well done – almost to the point of being dry; needless to say, due to health concerns.

The burger was okay; nothing special.

The caveat for my rating is that I was feeling a bit under the weather with a sore throat when we went for lunch so I don’t know if my sore throat had any impact on the taste. However, the few times I have gone to Harold’s before, the food has been average / good but nothing spectacular.

I don’t know if I would go back if I did not have a coupon.

The service was adequate; nothing fantastic.
The server was friendly.

Overall, I would give it 3 out 5 - average, for the food and service.

Tips:
The Saturday-Monday night dinner special on the poster board was Prime Rib night with soup or salad for $20.00. It sounds intriguing and I might go back to try the prime rib roast.

Ask for free cranberry bread.
Parking is free if you tell them your license plate number.

• Visited March 2013
Fort St. John, Canada
“Caesars”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Loved the Harolds Caesars as well as all the good food. Try the Caesars though, as they are awesome. You ,must go to Harolds Bistro and Bar if you are staying at this hotel. It is great.

Visited November 2012