“Great experience”

Tramonto at River Rock Casino Resort
Reserve with OpenTable
Tramonto at River Rock Casino Resort is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 909 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Bridgeport
Transit: We are now connected to the Bridgeport Canada Line stop. We are only 17 mins from Downtown and 6 mins from the Vancouver International Airport.
Richmond, Canada
“Great experience”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I love to go to the casino and food at casinos can have quiet a range. I stopped in to have dinner before playing and felt quite cozy. The place has a great feel and a great view. Service and food were excellent. I wasn't just sold a meal but an experience.

Vancouver, Canada
“Service excellent ; food at most so so”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Very nice venue with lovely view over the Fraser river. The service was superb, knowledgeable, friendly but not intrusive. Wine list extensive but priced well. Other than the Caesar salad which was great the rest of the food, escargots, halibut, lasagna, and cannelloni was at best ordinary. Certainly not fine dining!

Visited May 2013
“Once good gone bad”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I've been to Tramonto many times and thoroughly enjoyed it in the beginning. However each time in the last couple of years it's been just a little bit worse than the time before, with mediocre and uninspired food, indifferent service and a cafeteria like atmosphere. As it's the only restaurant in the River Rock Hotel however, it is convenient when attending the show theatre. Unfortunately that status seems to have negatively affected their attitude.

I made a dinner reservation for 4 over three months ago as dinner and show tickets were part of a Christmas gift for family. We arrived at Tramonto and there were two tables for 4 available that were visible, one being the worst table in the restaurant, located in a high traffic area beside the reception area.The host tried to seat us there and we asked if we could have the other table. We were refused and told that someone else had reserved that table. This didn't make sense, as we had also reserved the table, but we were refused at every appeal and for no reason that we could ascertain. We were so frustrated by this attitude that we left.

We went to another restaurant in Richmond called Chop, which is a whole other story ... excellent everything and they had us in and out in time to make our show back at the River Rock.

We will never go back to Tramonto again. One final thing which has me shaking my head, was that I made the the reservation on Open Table, so was going to make my comments there, however Tramonto "cancelled" my reservation making it not possible to review. All in all a very unsatisfactory experience at which has now become just another bad hotel restaurant.

3 Thank EatDrinkTavelEnjoy
“A pleasant surprise.”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I made a reservation at Tramonto because I had booked to see a show that was taking place in the casino later in the evening. I must confess I had some apprehension as to what it would be like. I was very pleasantly surprised, the food was in my opinion very good and the service excellent. I will certainly go there again.

North Vancouver, Canada
“Sadly, no.”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Trying hard just doesn't cut it sometimes. My tuna starter was bland and my risotto was not much better. A bowl full of about 3-4 cups of risotto seemed more like decent diner fare than fine dining. The ambience was noisy, loud on a Friday night and I don't mean in a fun way - sounded like the noise in a cafeteria setting. If you want a decent meal at a high price in this casino/hotel then go for it. Don't expect a truly fine dining experience. Wine list is extensive and expensive.

2 Thank travelbug217560