“Dried out salmon”

The American Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The American Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 948 Restaurants in Richmond
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Centre
Cross street: Minoru Boulevard
Transit: A short 5 minute walk from the Brighouse Canada Line Station.
Description: Located in the heart of Richmond at the Vancouver Airport Marriott Hotel, The American Grille continues to be one of Richmond's most popular lunch and dinner destinations. Offering a comfortable business-casual setting by day and elegant candlelit dining at sunset, The American Grille is sure to wow you and your guests.
Reviewed March 16, 2014

So I have to start off by saying the Restaurant came good by replacing the fish after a 30 minute wait for a new plate of food.
In a city known for it's fresh fish I could not understand how a salmon dish could arrive at our table as dry as you could get it but then it was such a tiny piece of fish I guess timing is everything.
The service was great and you could clearly see the restaurant is working hard at improving it's past poor reviews but the portions are very small and could use some additional flavoring. I really enjoyed the crab cakes but they sat in a strange tasting sauce that had no bearing on the dish.
Would not bother trying it again as there are so many places that are amazing in this beautiful City.

1  Thank Poulsog
Taka K, Manager at The American Grille, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write us. Please accept my sincerest apologies for your recent dining experience at the American Grille restaurant. We pride ourselves on serving consistently delicious food, and I am surprised to hear this was not the case on your recent visit. Please contact me personally in advance of your stay so that I can ensure your next visit in an enjoyable one.

Taka Kuwata
Manager, Food and Beverage
taka.kuwata@vancouver-marriott.com

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Through the Travelzoo Offer, I was able to purchase a voucher for Dinner for 2 at the American Grill. My friend and I had a delicious meal that time. Shared a delicious crab cake as an appertizer and I had quite a succulent steak cooked medium rare. My friend had a grilled Halibut and said it was very tasty and we both enjoyed our meal. We then shared a dessert.

The service was excellent.

Thank you very much for your kind words. Your comment is very motivating and our service and culinary associates will be thrilled to hear your comment. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great service, wonderful meals, and friendly atmosphere. My wife and I used the Entertainment Guide to dine here. It is our favourite spot in the guide. We have never been disappointed.

Taka K, Manager at The American Grille, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the American Grille. We are always delighted to have you in our restaurant.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I love this place. It's such a casual, central, good parking and lots of good food options.

The salads are incredibly good. They're promo and service is good.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent visit at the American Grille Restaurant. I will definitely pass along your comments to our team as we take pride in our restaurant.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

The food was good but the lunch/afternoon service was slow. I'm not sure if the server was trying to leave us in peace or was just inattentive.

Taka K, Manager at The American Grille, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write us. Please accept my apologies for your recent experience at our restaurant. We pride ourselves on service excellence and I am surprised to hear this was not the case during your visit. Thank you very much for your valuable feed-back and hope you will visit us again to make it up to you.

Taka Kuwata