“Excellent restaurant and service”

Chop Steakhouse & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Chop Steakhouse & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 943 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bridgeport Road
Transit: Richmond Center: Richmond Center Bay 9, catch the 410 22ND STN arriving at Cambie rd at NO 4 Road, travel time 8 minutes. Walk East until St. Edwards Drive, turning North to Chop. Walking distance approx. 5 minutes.
Description: Chop's Richmond restaurant on St Edwards Dr near the Sandman Signature Hotel features great steak, seafood, desserts, cocktail and wine menus.
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Food is excellent. Excellent meat cookek as requested. Service was fast and very well attended by Erin
I would come back any time

100% recommended

1  Thank AGMX1

Reviewed February 21, 2013

My first and last visit to Chop, at least at this location. Barely 19 year old girls dressed up for Vegas, with little or no service skills. Took almost 10 minutes to get a drink. The second round took almost 15 minutes. Ordered wings, brought out by someone else, average, not very hot, a couple of them were sour, no big deal. Two of us ordered Prime Rib, they started bringing our dinner of four out piece meal, by three different people and totally forgot to give us cutlery for the entrees, and had to flag her down to bring us some. When the girl brought out the cutlery in a cluster in one hand, and just divided it up amongst us and had to go back to get us napkins. got the shoulder end of the rib, so really gristly, small prime rib, may have been foreign product or previously frozen. the "jus" tasted like Demi Glace from the can, luke warm temperature. Baked Potato was either under cooked and hard or old. The "chives" were coarsely chopped green onions, and a poorly done breaded tomato as an afterthought for a vegetable. Someone different cleared our plates, hardly saw the server for the second half of the meal, no 3 minute check for our meals to see if they were ok. The bartender or manager, kept screwing with the stereo volume, and it was loud enough to turn the place in to a frat party meant it was time to go, it took almost twenty minutes to get our tabs paid. 2 drinks and a poor excuse for 12 oz. Prime Rib was just shy of $60.00. Unfortunately this was just a big hyped attempt at trying to be a big shot steak and food joint that fell flat on product delivery, and delivered worse service than dinner at an army chow hall. Enough Said.

2  Thank FireHorseSire66
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Had the ahi tuna salad - was not worth $18.00 and I sent it back, chose to have soup, which was way too salty and boring. My coworker had the steak bites which she couldn't finish because they were too chewy but she did enjoy her prawn appy. The caesar's were good, server was good and the manager did come over to ask about the salad being sent back and tried to sound genuinely concerned about the feedback - said he'd never heard anyone say there wasn't a good value! Find it hard to believe but poor value is typical for these types of restaurants - ie Earls, joey's....It's all about who has the shortest skirt and can walk in spike heels for the entire shift.

Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

I have been here a few times as it is close to my work. The food is on par for a steakhouse spot. The lounge side is great for a night out with friends as it is open and has great music. The restaurant has the strangest layout and is really dark and very cold. There is a storage smell in the general restaurant due to the carpet I think it smells like wet dog but you get used to it. The first visit the space seemed very high end and very modern but after that wears off you are left with that strange carpet smell and the average tasting food.

1  Thank Onlinezombie
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My wifed and I looked forward to eating there. The guy at the bank said it was good. Shame on him. I find the reviews here curiously positive.
First, it looks like a old disco with tuck and roll vinly walls with a greek statue here and there. I said to my wife, before we started eating, judging this place by looks I would not come here. I think that was pretty much right on.
It is expensive so I expected it to be good. We had salad, it was okay. Onion soup was good. My wife had prime rib and not too bad. Here is the downside. I ordered salmon. The waitress said it was fresh, Yes fresh about a week ago. It was steamed I believe because it was so old.
I am a salmon connsisseur and my first bite had a real funky taste. I said I will eat it anyway but then as tried the whole inside was raw. The veggies did not appear fresh either so for $25 I expected it to be fresh.
I told the waitress it was bad, she took away and asked what was wrong.
I told her and they credited our bill. I suppose we only had one night in BC and wanted a good meal and this place did disappoint. I would never go there again because I belief some of the food is fresh and other is not. They keep old salmon to cut costs I suppose.
I can recommend Papi's in Steveston Village, a great expericence every time. For the price The Chop Steak House is one to avoid, IMHO.

2  Thank manoftravelCalif