“Old Chop, Not Fresh Chop”

Chop Steakhouse & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Chop Steakhouse & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 910 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bridgeport Road
Transit: Richmond Center: Richmond Center Bay 9, catch the 410 22ND STN arriving at Cambie rd at NO 4 Road, travel time 8 minutes. Walk East until St. Edwards Drive, turning North to Chop. Walking distance approx. 5 minutes.
Description: Chop's Richmond restaurant on St Edwards Dr near the Sandman Signature Hotel features great steak, seafood, desserts, cocktail and wine menus.
Calif
“Old Chop, Not Fresh Chop”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My wifed and I looked forward to eating there. The guy at the bank said it was good. Shame on him. I find the reviews here curiously positive.
First, it looks like a old disco with tuck and roll vinly walls with a greek statue here and there. I said to my wife, before we started eating, judging this place by looks I would not come here. I think that was pretty much right on.
It is expensive so I expected it to be good. We had salad, it was okay. Onion soup was good. My wife had prime rib and not too bad. Here is the downside. I ordered salmon. The waitress said it was fresh, Yes fresh about a week ago. It was steamed I believe because it was so old.
I am a salmon connsisseur and my first bite had a real funky taste. I said I will eat it anyway but then as tried the whole inside was raw. The veggies did not appear fresh either so for $25 I expected it to be fresh.
I told the waitress it was bad, she took away and asked what was wrong.
I told her and they credited our bill. I suppose we only had one night in BC and wanted a good meal and this place did disappoint. I would never go there again because I belief some of the food is fresh and other is not. They keep old salmon to cut costs I suppose.
I can recommend Papi's in Steveston Village, a great expericence every time. For the price The Chop Steak House is one to avoid, IMHO.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank manoftravelCalif

Vancouver, BC
“Great customer service!”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Ordered the rib eye medium rare and the first steak arrived well done. Server apologized and kitchen fired up another one. This time it came back medium - by now it has been over an hour into our night and I have been eating bread. The third time the steak came back perfect and the manager came over to our table and apologized. He also told us my steak is on the house! Now that's service...even though the kitchen clearly demonstrated a lack of skill, the manager's service and consideration was excellent!

• Visited October 2012
Richmond, Canada
“Good Food Good Atmosphere”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We ate in the lounge part of the restaurant as we didn't make any reservations on a sat night. So if you are planning to come on a weekend and you want to sit in the restaurant part make a reservation, but i've been there a few times and i must say that i actually like the lounge part better.The food is good here. The Parmasan bacon chicken wings were delicious. They have a good wine selection, and i even asked for one that wasn't on their wine list but they had it anyways. So if you're not sure ask.

• Visited September 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Chicken wings and steak bits”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have gone back a couple of times to Chop and have never been disapointed. The food the service and the venue is great! I always have the steak bites and the burbon chicken wings when I have company. I had the Chicken apple salad, and that was awesome, the mint dressing was splendid. The steak and prime rib were awesome and I had the steak this last time. I would go back any day of the week. And to top it all off it is no more expensive that other lesser steak houses.
Enjoy!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank AndreasTheBigGreek
Portland, Oregon
“Steak & Drinks Are Amazing!”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We had appetizers, steak and drinks - all were amazing! The staff was very knowledgable and accommodating. The steak was perfectly cooked and the drinks were generous! We look forward to going back.

Visited July 2012