“Best steak and dessert”

Carver's Steakhouse & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Carver's Steakhouse & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 948 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Centre
Cross street: Gilbert Road
Transit: 491 - Stop at Gilbert Road & Westminster Highway, we are just beside 98 B-Line - Stop at #3 Road & Westminster Highway, we are 10 minutes of walk on Westminster Highway (left)
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Was untrigued with the heading "The best Steak in Richmond"... my wife and I tried it for our selves. We were not disapointed at all. The Steak was soft, buttery and melt in our mouth. Truly awesome. Offered a good wine pairings, Perfect. We ended it up with the dessert, Farmhouse, Flavor of the Day Cheesecake ( Baked outside), Would not give where they ordered this. The best.My wife had Molten Chocolate Cake. Heavenly up to the last bite. I can see my wife's smile up to the last bite.We had a wonderful time. It should be included in Vancouver's best Steak.

1  Thank GSF_842

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Exceptional service and delicious food. If you are looking for a great steak dinner, this is the restaurant for you.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I've missed my flight at YVR and was given a voucher to stay at the Executive Airport Plaza Hotel, which included a dinner. I didn't feel like a steak or any meal that's usually offered at steakhouses, but Tivoli's - the other restaurant at the hotel - wasn't open, so I ended up at Caver's. When I was seated I was promised to make up for my bad experience at the airport.

The menu wasn't extensive, but a good combination of entrees catering for all kind of taste and they had the three course meal offer, which made the place even more attractive. I picked the seafood linguine with caprese salad as starter and praline as the dessert.
I'm not a big fan of Italian food especially outside of Italy, but this linguine was perfect. It was exactly as I recalled it from my visit to Milan. The experience I never had outside of Italy. It was cooked to perfection with a wonderfully rich creamy topping of seafood. The caprese and praline together with a mint tea provided the finishing touch to this main course.

I should not forget to mention the service: it was elegant yet very friendly - a combination that not many places can achieve. I was even offered a news paper while waiting for my meal, a pleasant touch when you have to dine out by yourself.

All together it was a wonderful experience that definitely made up for the hassle at the airport. I could not have been taken care of better. Thank you.

Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Impressive.. conversation.. clientele.. wine list. . From there I was intrigued.. here on "dine Vancouver" menu which means there's the ability to sample from a narrowed down menu of the chefs selection with appropriate wine pairings to each.. And.. As noted. . I came twice..
Night one.. beef app plus famous steak followed the pairing to the note.. All good..fantastic actually..noted that restaurant is large enough to welcome diversity and buzz but small enough that it is intimate..which I enjoyed. next night.. had the marrow start.. duck entre.. stuck with deliberately a good pinot. . Marrow good.. could be stewed a little longer.. it was paired with excellent bitters which was perfect but I felt marrow would have rendered down more.. paired with a buttered sourdough toasted.. I was on the fence... butter added.. well butter. . But felt fatty.. but the marrow without was less dynamic too.. so.. on the fence. The duck will I'm certain get things lively here.. mine came fancy.. I sent it back for crispy.. and found the best duck and meal and wine pairing I have had in a long time.. wonderful. Staff is excellent..conversational...outstandingly intelligent and intuitive..wow.. traveling solo doesn't get any better.. Two days of stay I spent all my time here happily.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I was hesitant about this Steak house; had been told its very pricey. Then I check out the menu and you can get a 12 Oz steak, with start and dessert for I think $43? That's a better price than a lot of other places. It was delicious and a great atmosphere....highly recommended.
A nice plus was the list of wines.... highly recommend the Pinot Noir, very smooth!

1  Thank Patrick H H