“Made me come twice”

Carver's Steakhouse & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Carver's Steakhouse & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 913 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Centre
Cross street: Gilbert Road
Transit: 491 - Stop at Gilbert Road & Westminster Highway, we are just beside 98 B-Line - Stop at #3 Road & Westminster Highway, we are 10 minutes of walk on Westminster Highway (left)
Quesnel
“Made me come twice”
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Impressive.. conversation.. clientele.. wine list. . From there I was intrigued.. here on "dine Vancouver" menu which means there's the ability to sample from a narrowed down menu of the chefs selection with appropriate wine pairings to each.. And.. As noted. . I came twice..
Night one.. beef app plus famous steak followed the pairing to the note.. All good..fantastic actually..noted that restaurant is large enough to welcome diversity and buzz but small enough that it is intimate..which I enjoyed. next night.. had the marrow start.. duck entre.. stuck with deliberately a good pinot. . Marrow good.. could be stewed a little longer.. it was paired with excellent bitters which was perfect but I felt marrow would have rendered down more.. paired with a buttered sourdough toasted.. I was on the fence... butter added.. well butter. . But felt fatty.. but the marrow without was less dynamic too.. so.. on the fence. The duck will I'm certain get things lively here.. mine came fancy.. I sent it back for crispy.. and found the best duck and meal and wine pairing I have had in a long time.. wonderful. Staff is excellent..conversational...outstandingly intelligent and intuitive..wow.. traveling solo doesn't get any better.. Two days of stay I spent all my time here happily.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Calgary, Canada
“Fantastic taste, Great value”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I was hesitant about this Steak house; had been told its very pricey. Then I check out the menu and you can get a 12 Oz steak, with start and dessert for I think $43? That's a better price than a lot of other places. It was delicious and a great atmosphere....highly recommended.
A nice plus was the list of wines.... highly recommend the Pinot Noir, very smooth!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Patrick H H
White Rock, Canada
“More than just steak”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

-loved my seafood linguine
-superb lamb shank - comes right off the bone
-great price for 3 course meal you can put together yourself
-good decor - elegant without being flashy
-great service - friendly staff - very attentive

• Visited November 2013
Kelowna, Canada
“Best steaks!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We had the most wonderful dinner here. We both had the filet. Mine was the smaller, 7-0z and it was more than enough. It was cooked to perfection, medium rare as requested. Easy to cut and I couldn't stop raving about the flavour.
I will definitely be eating here on my next trip to Richmond in June 2014.
Service was very good. Michael, was very helpful and the wine steward was helpful with our wine selection.
Reservations are recommended on weekends.

• Visited August 2013
Richmond, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly as well as Good Food”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We went out for my husband's 65th birthday. The atmosphere was very warm and relaxing. The people were friendly and it felt much like having dinner around your own table at home. Oh, and the meal was very good. We will definitely go again.

• Visited August 2013