“Great food, atmosphere,& service!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carver's Steakhouse & Lounge

Carver's Steakhouse & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Carver's Steakhouse & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 885 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Centre
Cross street: Gilbert Road
Transit: 491 - Stop at Gilbert Road & Westminster Highway, we are just beside 98 B-Line - Stop at #3 Road & Westminster Highway, we are 10 minutes of walk on Westminster Highway (left)
“Great food, atmosphere,& service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

For our last evening in British Columbia we decided to have a nice meal without traveling far from the airport. Carvers certainly fit our criteria, and exceeded our expectations. We took advantage of the three course option, as explained by our polite and attentive server, Michael. We also took advantage of the two wines paired to the meal. These made the meal an outstanding value for the fine food! The chef created both steak and chicken dishes that were presented artistically and were done to perfection. The desserts were fabulous. I highly recommend this restaurant for adults looking for a calm and delicious meal.

• Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, Canada
“Fair Food Fair Ambiance”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have to say that I was disappointed with my experience at this restaurant.
From the moment we walked in, it was a disaster. Waitress told us to go sit where ever we wanted she would come and hand us menus. We were not walked and seated by anyone. Then our table was wobbly, which they told us to go sit at the bar while they changed the tables, because of this inconvenience our cocktails would be complimentary. However at the end of the night the drinks were on our bill, which we did pay for.
We ordered the oyster Rockefeller, as a appetizer. I don't even know how to describe this dish. It was an oyster shell full of bread crumbs. NO oyster in there at all. only bread crumbs. For $ 15 and 4 oyster shells, I complained to the waitress, at which her reply was this is how we make our Rockefellers. The escargot dish was a bit spicy with cinnamon hints, very different but good.
For our main we ordered the Fillet and the Rib Eye, which was satisfactory enough, but I would not say it is steak house quality.
I noticed that after my complain about the oysters we had another server, which was fine as she was much friendlier and her English was understandable. Desserts were fine. By the end of the night the kitchen staff was blaring out rock music from the back radio which was over lapping with the quiet music from the restaurant.
Over all I would not go back nor recommend this restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Adolmoni
Richmond
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

Beware of purchasing any coupons/vouchers for this restaurant. Even after reading the fine print, and presenting the voucher to the restaurant staff and manager, Michael, there was a discrepancy on what we should be receiving. Voucher was for ANY 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, 2 desserts and coffee/tea for 2 people. Paid $50, but the restaurant staff said if we go over $50, then we pay extra. Our voucher clearly states that there be no additional payment beyond tips and tax. I even checked with travelzoo and they agree with me. We wrote a review and the manager asked that we remove it, since they rely on tripadvisor ratings. Had some "BILLING" problems on my VISA and took 3 months to resolve. Don't want to go into tooooo much detail, just want to say BUYER BEWARE.
Besides this issue, food was mediocre, ambiance (that night-tour group!!) was poor, service poor.

• Visited December 2012
6 Thank Yummy67
Warwick, Rhode Island
“Loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Very professional staff, great food and the appetizer/entree/dessert combo was very reasonable. The hotel also gave a 15% off which was great.

Visited May 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“Nice meal to finish a hard day of work.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Im just finishing the delicious cheesecake unbanked that I had for dessert. In overall is a good and confy restaurant but not the best in richmond for sure.. im still looking for it, hopefully I will find it soon in my multiple work visits!
I had the spinach salad and it was not too good, was too soggy because of excess of vinaigrette.
The bread was warm and good combination with olive oil.
My entree was very good the salmon wasn't overcooked and was well seasoned, the walnuts over it gave a vey nice flavor and the veggies were very nice too. The only thing I didn't like was the mash potato was a bit simple with not lots of flavor.
The list of wines is large and they have the option of 3oz as sampler.

• Visited April 2013