“Ahhh. One of life's pleasures...”
Review of Blue Canoe

Blue Canoe
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Canoe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 968 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Steveston
Cross street: 2nd Avenue
Transit: Local bus service to the corner of No. 1 Rd and Moncton, 2 blocks from the restaurant.
Description: Rustic & charming, this Steveston Village gathering spot features a sea-heavy (but sustainable) menu and a unique beer and wine list.
Reviewed May 13, 2014

...is to sit alongside the water, the late day sun shining its golden glow on our skin and eat wonderful food. This is a great casual spot with well-trained, friendly servers and food I would go back for again and again. The fish is all fresh, the preparations interesting and delicious, the portions generous in size. We started with the lentil soup - pureed and lighter than most - excellent; the warm squash and chick pea salad - really inventive presentation and flavor combos. Then we shared the brussel sprouts (enough for 4, yet we almost finished them), the salmon sliders (simple but tasty), and the arctic char (perfectly prepared, a dish you would be delighted with even in the finest of dining rooms). Love that they offer wine by the 6 or 10 oz. size. Sadly, we were too full to sample dessert.

1  Thank albertasn0wbird

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Had lunch at the Blue Canoe last week. Service was much better than the last time I visited. The food was still good. The location is great with a beautiful view of Steveston Harbour. The deck seating is well laid out with the tables taking advantage of the views. Nice touches include the heaters and the blankets, just in case. However, last week's meal was on a warm sunny May day.
Would return.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

I love this restaurant for it's menu, location and reliability. I haven't had a bad meal yet and I've been here quite a few times. The fish is fresh and well cooked. The view at sunset is gorgeous. This is one of the very (VERY) few restaurants I can come to with my mom who is severely allergic to shellfish, and where she can safely order and not have her food contaminated.

1  Thank MrsKChambers
Reviewed May 12, 2014

It's been a while since we've been here but as the parking policy has improved a little we decided to try it again . We were a group of 5 and all had fish and chips . Everyone said they enjoyed them . I certainly did . Parking is still difficult but the have improved on the predatory policy they had a couple of years ago . Service was good . The price was fair . If it's a nice night and you get a table with a view it is quite beautiful .

Reviewed May 8, 2014

My wife and I wanted some wild caught salmon and this place was recommended by our hotel staff. They did not let us down. The ambience, right down by the water, is unbeatable. The wait staff is friendly and knowledgeable. The sockeye salmon was wonderful and the presentation on a pilaf of jasmine rice all dressed up was superb. Glad we went.

1  Thank EKU1