“Good food, a bit pricey and noisy”
Review of Blue Canoe

Blue Canoe
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Canoe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 902 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Bar, Seafood, Canadian, American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Steveston
Cross street: 2nd Avenue
Transit: Local bus service to the corner of No. 1 Rd and Moncton, 2 blocks from the restaurant.
Description: Rustic & charming, this Steveston Village gathering spot features a sea-heavy (but sustainable) menu and a unique beer and wine list.
Arkansas
“Good food, a bit pricey and noisy”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Blue Canoe, on the Richmond harbor, is an attractive, bustling restaurant featuring a wooden, canoe sort of theme. We sat inside next to a window with a clear view of the water. Restaurant also has an inside patio. We started with the smoked salmon flatbread - very fresh and tasty with microgreens and red onion. We also chose the pork ribs - a tasteless mistake for anyone serious about BBQ. For entrees, we had the grilled salmon on a corn husk with succotash (beans, corn, tomato) which was very good; partner had the fruit de mer (seafood) with pasta. Quite good as well. To end the evening, I had the great pecan pie parfait. Overall, food is tasty and fresh. For us, the meal was a splurge - our bill which also included 2 beers and 2 coffee came to about $140+. We would go back on a quieter night and special occasion as the noise was rather deafening.

• Visited September 2013

Vancouver, BC
“A "Steveston" Gem”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

What a lovely evening on the deck...great Vodka Martinis, Joie "Noble Blend" wine and Red Snapper cooked to perfection!! Could you ask for more? Yes!! Dessert!! ...Pecan Pie Parfeit to blow your mind!! YUM YUM!! The waitress was helpful and very attentive.. If you are ever in Richmond, BC, look it up..it's in the wonderful village of Steveston on the water. Wait for an outside table as it can be a bit noisy inside...

• Visited August 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Great seafood”
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

on our recent trip to Vancouver BC, we decided to whale watch, out of Stevenston, BC. We had some extra time after the cruise and decided to have light lunch in the marina area. We decided on Blue Canoe which is right on the pier area with ocean-view. We had a bowl of clam chowder, muscle and chips, sautéed scallops, finishing off with fresh oysters. Needless to say, all items were delicious with glass of Chardonnay. When you dine at places near tourist attraction, you don't always find quality food, but Blue Canoe felt local and we noted fisherman type enjoying themselves. We were delighted to find this place and recommend good food with oceanview! Having dinner at Joe Forte in Vancouver tonight, so we will see how they compare.

Visited August 2013
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great advice for oysters”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We visited Blue Canoe since I specifically like oysters. The hostess was very helpful in her advice on choosing the oysters. They were delightful, just what I wanted!!
I also enjoyed some mussels, they were juicy and not overpowered by the sauce.
The tuna ceviche was average, the fish itself was good but the accompaniments were not flavorful.

• Visited January 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“We will be back !!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Even though I consider myself as very adventurous in my choice of cuisine, I am a creature of habit when it comes to my selection of restaurants as I truly feel that in order to experience the best of what a restaurant has to offer, such a relationship must be established over time. Unfortunately, two of my favorite eateries in Steveston have really gone downhill so it is time to seek out new recruits.

Blue Canoe is located right next to the Steveston Fishermen Wharf so it is relatively easy to find plus there are ample parking just across the street. Being a perfect summer day, we opted to sit in the patio area which offers a panoramic view of the Wharf and its bustling activities. We ordered two White Sangria which were incredibly refreshing and their tanginess likewise whetted our appetite. My wife ordered a Salmon Chowder and a Steamed Mussels while I ordered a Seafood Trio Salad. We were also in the mood for some fresh oysters but unfortunately none was available due to red tides. My opinion is that their supply should be more global rather than regional but this is only my wishful thinking since supply is so much dictated by demand. The chowder came to the table piping hot with large chunks of salmon while the mussels were plump, fresh and juicy. My only complaint is that the accompanying fries came with ketchup instead of aioli. The mussels in my salad are equally delectable and the garden greens are fresh and crispy. Oops, one more complaint and that is no bread was available, not even as paid items.As for the service, our waiter is pleasant and prompt but the hostess could learn to smile a little bit more.

The overall decor and ambiance reminds me of the seaside eateries gracing Cannery Row and La Jolla, the only thing that's missing is the roaring waves of the Pacific Ocean.

• Visited August 2013