“Lovely fresh clean healthy food”

Sea Harbour Restaurant
Ranked #663 of 943 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We had a lovely meal last night, sure the menu was hard to read but we knew what kind of food we wanted and asked the waiter for suggestions. The food was lovely and tasty. Wine list had nothing but quality and the Jasmine Tea was perfect. Could not fault it after a busy day out shopping. Conviently located across the road from our accomodation.

1  Thank HudsonsAustralia

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I used to go to the restaurant in the previous address quite a bit. Last week I tried the restaurant in the new location which seems to be part of the River Rock Casino. The place looks very pleasant since it is newly decorated. It is bigger than the one before they moved. It was reasonably busy. However, there were big differences in both the service and food quality compared with the old location.There were four of us and we had a simple meal with chicken, pork, prawn dishes and a soup. All of them were average standard but the price was quite high compared with other restaurants around the area. The service was not there at all and the waiters didn't seem to be experienced and the dishes were very slow coming. Perhaps they were taking care more of the patrons with a bigger tab. I would not go back there for a while.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

We went to the old address, because the waiter on the phone did not tell us that they have moved to a new venue near the casino 3 weeks ago. The other surprise was the order form was only in Chinese; obviously they are not interested in other people who can not read Chinese, including many ethnic Chinese.
The venue is spectacular. It is clean and neat, and the atmosphere is good. For a change, a Chinese restaurant has clean washrooms.
Food was mostly good. I am disappointed in the ox stomach and tendon dish; the dish has 75% of fillers. That is a bit mean.
All in all, we had a decent dim sim lunch.

1  Thank Tiger L
Reviewed June 13, 2012

My mother and I had passed by this restaurant many times and decided to try the dim sum.

There was ample parking at the front of the restaurant. I was put off by the dirty stairs leading to the entrance of the restaurant. We arrived on a weekday at 1.30pm. There was no queue so we were seated immediately. The decor was elegant. There were lots of diners so the atmosphere was very lively.

The dim sum menu was written in Chinese and I wondered how people who don't read Chinese were going to order their food. I assume they are only interested in doing business who people who can read Chinese. We waited a long time for our food to arrive. The fried seafood salad roll was very creamy and tasty. The rest of the steamed dishes that we ordered tasted pretty bland.

Our bill came to $35 (that included the cost of tea - $1.50/person) for 5 dishes before taxes and tips. For that price and the quality of food we received, I would rather go to Kirin that serves better food.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

My colleagues south of the border recommended Sea Harbour for dim sum. We arrived there a bit "late" on a Sunday around 12:30pm, the wait was only 20+ minutes which was a pleasant surprise.

We ordered most of the "common" dim sum dishes off the menu which is common in Richmond: chicken feet, shu mai, congee, brisket and ventured out to something that caught my eye -- deep fried chicken knees. Yep, the latter was delicious, it was gently deep fried until golden and the subtle crunch of it was pretty darn tasty.

I would highly recommend Sea Harbour for dim sum; unfortunately, we didn't try their dinner service during our stay up north.

1  Thank Heretix