“this is a restaurant review only ... (really good)”
Review of Steveston Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Richmond
Steveston Hotel
Ranked #6 of 30 Richmond B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I did NOT stay here but we (four of us) ate a really good dinner here, the service was great, fast and friendly, portions were good, and the big screen shows the game.Of course I tried the fish and chips and you get a good platter.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank KweqSmanit
There are newer reviews for Steveston Hotel

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Not bad for being in the centre of town but a bit dowdy overall. Smelled like it is old - which it is. No screens on the window that opened. Steep and long flight of stairs to the second floor (where all the rooms are.) Good air conditioner but noisy. Melas overpriced in the dining room. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank peachlander14
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Steveston is a charming little piece of fishing community heritage and history, and this hotel is perfectly located in the heart of the village to make it easy for you to explore. There is a beer and wine store on premises, a restaurant, and a pub (the Buck and Ear) that was a lot of fun, which also serves a very good breakfast in the morning. The employees at the hotel were super friendly and the hotel itself was very clean, quaint and charming as well. The prices are very reasonable, and we had no complaints.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank yyesiamtrish2
Reviewed June 10, 2012

The legendary Steveston Hotel. One of the old girls with a lot of time under her belt. Still, however the updates and value is fabulous. A few of us visit regularily the cafe for a monthly breakfast the old fashion way. Big plates, great value, Cholestrol heaven once in a while hits the spot. Love the place. The staff are not replaceable. Old fashioned cafe babes you all know as mom. Beautiful people. A lot of visits to this little gem.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Bentley1Seattle
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I chose the Steveston Hotel for it's proximity to the Britania Heritage Shipyard and for the price - $64 for a single room with private bathroom, off-season. I was very pleasantly surprised - the location is excellent - right in the middle of the historic fishing village of Steveston, next door the the Gulf of Georgia Cannery - now a very interesting interactive museum of the salmon canning industry of days gone by. Another pleasant surprise was the Sunday morning market at the Cannery. The hotel room was very basic, but clean and amazingly quiet. The Buck 'N Ear bar had live music Friday and Saturday nights and was very busy, but I could not hear a sound from there in my room. The hotel seemed very safe.
The restaurant breakfast was great - and very busy on Saturday morning. I hope to return, to enjoy Steveston again.

Room Tip: Request a quiet room, if you don't want to hear the noise from the bar
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Catherine C
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Delightful little gem. I normally stay in a guest suite in the condo unit where my son lives. My last night was booked so I had to move so decided to try out this hotel. I will stay here in future and scrap the condo suite. Clean, friendly and charming charming charming!

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank Sharon D
Reviewed June 19, 2011

I was here for 2 nites and TOTALLY enjoyed my stay. Room 17 is HUGE and I had a gigantic jacuzzi tub plus a large bathroom w/ shower. The jacuzzi tub was more like a small swimming pool and I could stretch out completly! Really fun!!

The hotel is very secure. Very clean and quiet. I was there on the nite before the town market which sets up just below on the street...and I never heard a sound from the vendors arriving etc. I also never heard any noise from the pub below.

They lock the door on the landing early in the evening so security is great and the staff are all fun and very helpful w/ getting luggage up and down the stairs.

The room was charming and decorated in a country style. I was a bit nervous when I arrived as you get your key at the counter in the store below which also acts as the hotel desk. I had an excellent breakfast on one of the mornings in the coffee shop below....and again....super hotel which I would use again.

The town itself is charming and a super place to just veg and walk and enjoy the harbor.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo