“Reasonable Visit”
Review of Banh Mi Tres bon

Banh Mi Tres bon
Order Online
Ranked #164 of 1,098 Restaurants in Richmond
Description: Welcome to Bánh Mì Très Bon Farm to Table. Healthy Choices. Freshness. ~Eating clean is our passion and quality is our focus. Bánh Mì Très Bon is offering the original Bánh Mì bread found in central Vietnam. The bread has a golden brown crust with a light and airy crumb and a scent that can only be achieved by a combination of traditional techniques-involving hand rolling and hand shaping each baguette individually. It is with much pride and care that we offer the truest bánh mì and the finest made in-house proteins and condiments for our guests to enjoy. At Bánh Mì Très Bon, we will serve phở​ authentic to what you would find in a Vietnamese home. Recreating phở in its truest form is a tedious experience, however, the end product is overwhelmingly satisfying and delicious. Its golden broth can only be created by simmering beef bones, freshly toasted onions and ginger, and a variety of toasted spices for hours on end until the perfect flavour emerges. Bon appetit!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The food at this restaurant was fairly good, but the downfall was the service. We waited a long time for service although we were seated fairly quickly. Also, our server wasn’t the most attentive and it was nearly impossible to get his attention.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (30)

Reviewed November 13, 2019

This is my go to spot when I land in Vancouver or before heading to the airport. The pho is great. Comes with bone marrow. Service is average, nothing great or not. I don't go here to chat with the staff, I go to eat.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed April 27, 2019 via mobile

This busy Vietnamese restaurant and bakery shows it’s very prominent French influence in Vietnam.

You can find traditional Vietnamese dishes, such as Pho (Soup) and Vermicelli dishes, as well as the French influence in the baguettes for their Bunh Mi and French pastries and sweets such as their Macaroons.

I ordered a Bánh Mì Bouf, which is a Grilled Beef Sandwich (more like a Sub). The Baguette was very fresh and lightly toasted, while the Beef pieces were succulent and flavourful. This Sub has all the key ingredients a Vietnamese Sub should have, such as Cilantro, Spicy Mayo, Pickled Veggies etc..

Considering it was very busy, the quality of the food sent out of the kitchen did not suffer. My Sub was one of the better Vietnamese Subs I have ever had.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed February 7, 2019 via mobile

Any other day I’ll give these guys a 5 recommendation but yesterday was so terrible I took the time to make a review.

I show up and there is one person ahead of me ordering food to go.
It’s my turn so I order a Bahn Mi sandwich. As I’m talking to the person a guy of similar cultural decent as the order taker and I want to assume owner (who was also behind the counter) walks in and while I order and pay the two employees have a conversation with the guy who walked in behind me. He’s a regular or family friend as they asked him “wheres your other half” he said she’s sick and sent me to get her a bahn mi. They extended their sympathies to her. I paid and moved aside. The guy behind me goes up and orders stating things like she’s sick can you not put jalapeños on it and other simple requests that would appear this is a new order not preordered on the phone.

Moments later the first person that was ahead of me got her sandwich and departed.

About 7ish minutes later the guy who came in after me gets his sandwich they all wish his other half to get better he thanks then and leaves....

The “owner” lady tells me I can have a seat while I wait and I ask how is it that guy came in after me but got his order before me when we ordered the same thing (Bahn Mi) and she appeared caught off guard and said something to the effect of he ordered online. Which based on listening to him order I knew is a lie.

I like this place
It’s very delicious
I’ll prolly still go back one day
It’s conveniently located for me
But they give preferential treatment
They are racist by way of serving similar ethnicities ahead of not similar ethnicity
She will straight up lie to your face

Date of visit: February 2019
3  Thank gijoefontaine
Lan D, General Manager at Banh Mi Tres bon, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2019

Hello,

We appreciate your feedback and letting us know how we can do better and make improvements. We take notes on all feedbacks seriously to ensure our guests are satisfied when visiting our restaurant. We are very happy that you are enjoying our foods and we want to ensure that you will receive the best service possible. Customer service is our priority. What you have experienced that day was quite unusual and we will definitely discussed it with our team of what had happened. We do get a lot of call in orders and we encourage our guests to do that so they won't have to wait too long. We process all orders according to the time they come in and we work on the first come first serve basis. There are no special treatments or exceptions for friends and family either when they come to eat. they will have to wait like everyone else. We serve everyone with the utmost respect. We live in a diverse and multicultural community and we are very proud of it. We also have a very diverse team members working at our restaurant. We hope that you will visit us again. We would love to see you continuing to enjoy the food we serve and the service we provide to you.

Again, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Have a nice day.

Reviewed January 18, 2019 via mobile

The Pho is a little more high end than your usual neighbourhood pho. I like how the soup doesn’t contain any msg, it doesn’t leave me being very thirsty. Must check out!

Date of visit: January 2019