“No complaints about their food, just their business practice.”
Review of New Asia Deli

New Asia Deli
Ranked #534 of 913 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighborhood: City Centre
Neighborhood: City Centre
Vancouver
“No complaints about their food, just their business practice.”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My first trip was fine. Food was good and the service was adequate.

So my review will focus on my second visit.

I went with a printed groupon. I was denied use because it had apparently been used already(showed as unused at the time of printing which was minutes before going to New Asia Deli). They showed me the "used" screen on their device (But it could have been from another customer's). We reduced our order and ate anyway thinking it was a big misunderstanding and because our previous visit was fine. The merchant then returned later to try to scan our groupon again. We watched them try to scan it etc but I don't think they actually tried to redeem it as the "used" screen never came up again. At the time, I accepted this as an error of the system as no merchant has ever done anything like this before. The merchant then told us they would look into it and took down my groupon number. I realized on my drive home that leaving them the number was a HUGE MISTAKE as they could now redeem my groupon. In fact, 2 days later, it's showing as redeemed. They are cash only and don't have printed receipts.
I told Groupon about the issue and I understand the difficult situation they would be in as I could be trying to scam them.
I had no proof of anything except my word until:
Groupon confirmed the redemption time of the ticket and it was 10:40pm, well after I left but more importantly, 40 minutes AFTER THEY CLOSED.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank MRMKD

Vancouver, Canada
“terrible experience”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Do not go here!!!!! My family was harassed by the owner for having a groupon. The over all attitude was SO BAD that we walked out . First time I've ever walked out of any establishment with my wife and 3 kids. Terrible way of doing business, at one point she said that there are no tables for 5 people!

• Visited September 2012
7 Thank bill s
Vancouver
“Best Choice for Vietnamese in Richmond”
Reviewed April 9, 2009

I live here locally. Richmond is not a good place if you're looking for Vietnamese food, and this place seems to be the best. The subs are fresh and tasty. They make their own pate and put it in their 'special sub'. The pho noodles are good too. The boss lady claims there's no msg. I'm not sure about that, because we tend to feel thirsty afterwards, but probably not as much as the other places.

toronto
“Best asian subs and beef noodles in Vancouver”
Reviewed September 1, 2008

I'm a big fan of Asian subs (Vietnamese sandwiches made with fresh french bread). So my friend suggested that I try out New Asia Deli in Richmond. It's a small little restaurant with not much decor. The staff was friendly. The food was excellent. I shared with my friends the "Special" sub, beef noodles, and curry beef with french bread. They were all delicious. The Vietnamese coffee was very good but beware, it's strong!

Many good dishes on the menu. So it's a good idea to go with a large group of friends so you can taste the different dishes.

All in all excellent food for decent price.