Coburg Motor Inn
Melbourne BIG4 Holiday Park(Coburg)(Great Value!)
$80
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 16, 2012

This motel belongs to the Budget Chain which in general I have found to be cheap, clean and comfortable. The room was nothing special but it was clean and the bed was very comfortable and for the price, it was excellent value for money. I arrived at 1:00am and the manager was available to check me in. Nothing was too much trouble for him.

On leaving, I left my blood glucose monitor in the room. I rang and the cleaners had found it and put it in the store room. The manager offered to post it to me that day by Express Post and asked if I would cover the postage. As it was my mistake I though that was extremely reasonable.
I have 2 criticisms. Firstly the pool was unserviceable but given it was only early spring and the water was probably very cold, it had not yet been prepared for the upcoming summer. Secondly, the motel is on Sydney Road and there is some traffic noise (including trams) which could be annoying to some people but it wasn't excessive.
I will have no hesitation in staying there again and I definitely got excellent value for money!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Upon Check inn we were walked to our room, luggage carried for us to our room which has been preheated and set up with the tv on and natural light coming in. The bed was new as were the other fittings in the room, new kitchen, toilet, sink, shower, carpet, door everything. The people in a room a few doors down were quite loud and in the morning to our suprise the manager knocked on our door and appologised and gave us a free breakfast :) This was the second time we stayed in the Coburg Motor Inn and i assure i will return if this service keeps up :)

Room Tip: Ask for a "Newly furnished or updated room" The motel are currently updating their rooms and making it a much higher class with new heaters etc.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank NotRevealingMyNameXO
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed one night in there. The room was a clean and newly furnished one, much better than expected. Easy choice for the price. Noticed that they are doing remodeling on the rooms. So be sure to ask for the newly remodeled one. The traffics on Sydney Road is very busy during the rush hours. We found that the side roads, parallel to Syndney Rd can go much faster.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Ru Y
Reviewed April 21, 2012

This place was so bad it was comical. I'm no princess, but we were met with surly, incompetent staff, stained (or soiled?) bed linen covered in cigarette burns, someone else's blood and mucus on the hand towel, holes in the walls, no noise insulation and rubbish strewn everywhere. I realise that keeping a motel clean is no easy task, but the rotting air-conditioning units and vintage wine casks decorating the grounds really could have gone in the bin. I can't believe they charged $100 for this. I'd sooner spend a night in a crack den than stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012
9  Thank HappyTravels555
Reviewed June 23, 2010

We booked our room weeks in advance with queen bed. On arrival 7pm at night I presented my booking slip from the internet and the guy asked how long did I have it? He told us he only had a room with 3 beds and we could swap rooms the next day. I said that is very bad as we had the booking for a long time. The lady appeared and checked the computer and agreed we had the booking. I was so annoyed I said we would go and stay in another motel which we did and it cost $40 more per night but was nicer looking and the staff were intelligent. I would not advise to book here as you may arrive only to find you have no room at all to stay in and too bad if you can't find another place to stay. As it was it was the lond weekend (Queens Birthday) and the motels were booked heavilly.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family