“Budget, rustic place, lots of steps to climb”
Review of Zeleny Mys

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alupka
Zeleny Mys
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Alupka
Manitoba
“Budget, rustic place, lots of steps to climb”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed here 3 nights with a tour group package. It was just okay, but older and plain, beige rooms and seemed like a budget place. There are lots of stairs as it is in a hilly setting, so not for those with mobility issues. The rooms are like little cabins set in the trees, so a nice setting. Unfortunately mine was under oaks and I am a light sleeper, so the acorns falling on the metal roof in the winds at night woke me. Bed was just okay, a little soft. There is a good size fridge which was handy, and stove (didn't use) and basic dishes, small table and chairs. Bathroom older and quite small, but shower worked fine. I could often smell a sewer odour, though. A blow dryer was available if you asked at the front desk. Each room has a small veranda with a clothes drying rack that was handy. There is a small beach down the hill, but keep in mind it is river stone, not sand. It was fairly crowded when I was there; I just walked around.

The one thing that was truly awful were the included breakfasts - all 3 were small and bad. (Ex: wieners, small piece of white bread and some wilted cucumber. One day we had an egg casserole square, with sliced wieners in it, but it was stone cold. Everyone complained. Things like ketchup, tea and cream are extra, by the way, though not much money. Small cup of coffee, but refill extra. There are lots of stray cats around, so most of us took our breakfast for the cats). Some people in my group went to the restaurant one evening (it is open sided/semi-outdoor) and had good food they ordered, and there was dancing and free vodka shots were given to celebrate the coming of Sept. - they said it was a lot of fun.

Up the hill to the entry lane to the property there are some small grocery stores for snacks and liquor, and vegetable and fruit sellers that I bought stuff from (as well as Crimean herb teas - much cheaper than sold elsewhere in the area).

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank ladyslippers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The property itself and the location are the ONLY redeeming qualities of this property. In an effort to save you time, and save my blood pressure I will simply list the problems we had during our stay.
1. Lost our reservation (I had printed confirmations proving that it had been made)
2. Blamed me for the error on the reservation
3. Put me in a non-seaview room, even though I had reserved a seaview. (Did move me to seaview later)
4. Gave me keys to a room that did not work, had to wait on them to bring a working key
5. Spider nest was built within the toilet seat
6. Shower rod broke the first shower I took
7. Didn't have us on the list for the complimentary breakfast
8. The water shut off for a period of time every day we were there
9. The staff was totally unempathetic and almost rude
10.Even with all the problems we had, they insisted that we pay full price for every night.
The Zeleny Mis is only concerned with taking your hard earned money, and has no interest in providng you any sort of service, value or quality. Save yourself the trouble and stay as far away from this hotel as possible.

Room Tip: The only good rooms to stay in are the ones located on another property entirely. However, If you a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Sean F
Kharkov, Kharkivs'ka Oblast', Ukraine
Reviewed July 12, 2012

The best of this rest complex is its location on the downhill not far from the sea. Of course road from the sea to the room is uphill, but it is not very long. Service is good but sometimes they can forget about something. You can ask them everything, even to buy some food in the market, and they will do it for You. Price for the rooms is rather big as for Alupka`s hotels, but You pay first of all for the place you are living. It is very quietly so nothing will disturb you at the night and all day long. Rooms are big with small kitchen (gas-stove, refrigerator, sink and small set of dishes), bathroom with shower, TV, air condition and big bed. Unfortunately there are no swimming pool and fitness center but they have playground for children with sand and slides.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mihail_Poplavskyi
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 25, 2011

The property is impossible to find. The address does not come up on a GPS and there are no signs for the property, and it is located on a torn-up side road extremely difficult to find. When we arrived at 5pm, we were told the Oceanfront Suite we reserved was not available. They tried to get us to take two small rooms at the back of the property, in the woods with no view or sunshine, even though we were traveling as a couple. The bar/cafe is way too small, only 4 small tables, and enough chairs for only 3 of them. Do not stay here!

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms have greata views, but don't depend on getting one
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
16 Thank rm94114

Been to Zeleny Mys? Share your experiences!