Have stayed here as part of a timeshare transfer - and a very nice stay. The chalets are certainly separate, so you feel like you're in your own home, and even though they're getting a little dated, they're clean, and cozy, and have a fireplace AND a jacuzzi tub so you get the best of mountain accommodations PLUS the extra comforts of home!
Tip - the higher up the mountain, the better the views (and they make the slightly longer walk down to the pool or hot tub so worth it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banff Gate Mountain Resort is an outdoor playground for all ages where mountain activities and rustic amenities meet. It is nestled in the majestic pines of Pigeon Mountain at the foot of the Lougheed and Windtower Mountains. Our 46 fully appointed chalets are surrounded by Lake Louise and the adventures of the Banff National Park. Activities include water rafting, hiking, skiing, mountain biking, dog sledding, golf and more. For those preferring more peace and quiet, the picturesque grounds of the resort provide the perfect retreat. Children’s play areas are intertwined by hiking trails that sprawl throughout the resort connecting to the surrounding wilderness. Local wildlife often wanders unhindered throughout the area and across the property. An indoor heated pool, hot tubs and a family clubhouse provide a well-rounded travel destination for families and adventurers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Banff Gate Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banff Gate Mountain Hotel Dead Man`s Flats
- Banff Gate Mountain Resort Canmore/Dead Man's Flats, Alberta