We booked Copperstone last minute for the Family Day weekend, and generally we were impressed by this resort. We had a two bedroom suite (with additional sofa bed in living area), which was nicely appointed with decent quality kitchen appliances and pretty generous living accommodation - enough for 6 (4 adults and 2 kids). Beds were nice and comfortable, and generally the suite was very quiet at night considering it's relatively close proximity to the Trans-Canada highway. Underground parking is available at no extra cost. Location is fine if you have a car - Canmore is 5 minutes away, but don't expect much immediately outside of the resort unless you like spending time in gas stations!
A few minor issues:
Wireless internet in suite was pretty much useless. The only place a signal could be found was sitting on the toilet in the en-suite bathroom! The water pressure in our suite was low and it took a long time for hot water to come through, when it did the temperature control on the shower was very sensitive - micro adjustments resulted in the water going from very cold to very hot.
All in all, these are some minor issues that if resolved will make this resort a 5 star rating. We will definitely consider coming back for another long weekend. This resort is good value compared to some in the Banff and Canmore area, but you will have to get in your car and explore further afield as there is generally a lack of amenities in Dead Man's Flats. However, with the aforementioned towns nearby you'll probably be doing that anyway......so it's not that big a deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located five minutes outside Canmore, Alberta, in the serene hamlet of Dead Man's Flats, our all-suite property is just moments from downtown shopping and dining, world-class golf courses and Banff National Park . Whether you prefer to spend your time downhill skiing, hiking to glaciers, mountain biking, camping or fishing, every season brings a new reason to visit The Copperstone Resort Hotel. Our spacious, condo-style suites are designed to leave you feeling refreshed, so you can make the most of your time in the Rockies. All accommodations include fully equipped kitchens with granite countertops, two HD televisions, in suite laundry machines, additional sofa beds and cozy electric fireplaces. Best of all, each suite features a private patio or balcony with breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains, so you can enjoy the beauty of Dead Man's Flats without even leaving your room ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Copperstone Resort by CLIQUE reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copperstone Hotel Dead Man`s Flats
- Copperstone Hotel Canmore
- Copperstone Resort By CLIQUE Canmore/Dead Man's Flats, Alberta