Highlights: Very spacious, well-appointed suites, pretty convenient location, great social scene in the hot tub, great rates,.
I stayed in a two-bedroom suite with a den for my bachelor party/birthday weekend with six other guys. There was plenty of room for all seven of us and it was great to have a full kitchen with dishwasher to prep meals at home. The staff made sure that the room was fully stocked with linens and kitchen supplies (ask the front desk if you need a baking sheet or broiling pan). There is also a washer/dryer in the suite with detergent provided, making it super easy to pack light for a group ski trip. FYI, it looks like the fire place is more for show that for warmth.
The hotel is right off the highway on the way to Banff from Calgary. Dead Man's Flats is a very small hamlet, but nearby Canmore has all of the services you'd need (big grocery stores, restaurants, etc.). The hotel was a great jump point for ice climbing and snowshoeing in Canmore (10 minutes) and skiing and snow shoeing in Banff (35 minutes) and Lake Louise (1 hour 15 mins).
The hot tub is open until 11PM - it gets crowded around dinner time but the crowds tend to die out by 10PM or so. We hung out with lots of friendly folks there and learned a lot about activities in the area that way. The front desk staff provides plastic cups so please don't bring glass bottles out there!
I'm used to paying rates like this for rooms one quarter the size, and rates were very competitive with other hotels near Canmore. The room was great, the staff were really friendly, and the location was pretty convenient, especially if you have activities based out of Canmore on your agenda.
I would stay here again in a heartbeat on my next trip to the Canadian Rockies.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located five minutes outside Canmore, Alberta, in the serene hamlet of Dead Man's Flats, our all-suite property is just moments from downtown shopping and dining, world-class golf courses and Banff National Park . Whether you prefer to spend your time downhill skiing, hiking to glaciers, mountain biking, camping or fishing, every season brings a new reason to visit The Copperstone Resort Hotel. Our spacious, condo-style suites are designed to leave you feeling refreshed, so you can make the most of your time in the Rockies. All accommodations include fully equipped kitchens with granite countertops, two HD televisions, in suite laundry machines, additional sofa beds and cozy electric fireplaces. Best of all, each suite features a private patio or balcony with breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains, so you can enjoy the beauty of Dead Man's Flats without even leaving your room ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Copperstone Resort by CLIQUE reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copperstone Hotel Dead Man`s Flats
- Copperstone Hotel Canmore
- Copperstone Resort By CLIQUE Canmore/Dead Man's Flats, Alberta