“Nice resort that's close to Banff”

Copperstone Resort by CLIQUE
Cardston, Canada
“Nice resort that's close to Banff”
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights. The condo was clean, but was lacking in kitchen supplies. The master bathroom tile caulking on the floor was chipped and missing in places and the shower curtain was torn and it hanging by about 5 hooks. There were plenty of towels. The washing machine and dryer in the unit was convenient. It was roomy for the 6 of us staying in the unit. The front desk staff seemed ambivalent to the few questions we asked. The resort is easy to find an access and we found it conveniently located to Canmore and Banff. The underground parking was a nice bonus. There is an outdoor hot tub but we never used it as it seemed to be used most of the time.

• Stayed December 2013
OpsManager01, General Manager at Copperstone Resort by CLIQUE, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I will ensure that we look into the maintenance concerns you noted and will follow up with our front desk team.

Please feel free to contact me directly, as I would love to know which room you stayed in, so we can address these concern's 403-678-0303.

Thank you once again and have a happy holiday season.

Joey Belanger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed December 18, 2013

The staff was awesome and really helpfull. The room was well- equipped and petfriendly. Our dog has alot of place to play outside and to be walk. The heated garage is awesome, specifically during cold weather and snowstorm. We ll definitely come back with our family and friends during holidays.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mel281
OpsManager01, Senior GSA at Copperstone Resort by CLIQUE, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
It is always a pleasure to hear that all your needs were met during your stay at The Copperstone Resort. Being a 75% Pet Friendly Resort your welcome pet companions are just as important as our guests. Hope you and family and friends will return to enjoy the facilities we offer for both guests and pets .

Reviewed December 12, 2013

My boyfriend took me here for my birthday. The staff was exceptional, the rooms offered everything we needed, and the hot tub was amazing! We've decided to make coming here for my birthday an annual tradition!

• Stayed May 2013
OpsManager01, Senior GSA at Copperstone Resort by CLIQUE, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
We are always happy to hear that we were able to make your" Special Occasion" a memorable one. Thankyou for choosing Copperstone Resort for your Birthday choice and we look forward to your next stay. And by the way Happy Birthday !

Reviewed December 8, 2013

This is the first review I've posted on TripAdvisor. I feel the need to provide others with pets a heads up about this resort. We went into Canmore for lunch at 11:00 and returned to the resort at 1:30. The reason that we returned so early is that during lunch, I received a voicemail from the weekend front desk person informing me that my dog was barking and there had been two complaints. She requested that we come back, and, If there was a third complaint, there would be a $200.00 charge. She also said that dogs are not to be left alone in the room. This particular weekend was -40 with the windchill. I'Since we couldn't take the dog with us because she would have frozen to death, we spent the entire weekend in the condo. By the way, there is a $20.00 a day charge for the dog. When I checked out, I spoke to the person who left the voicemail and told her that I wasn't impressed. She said that my dog was barking "all day". Clearly this was an untruth because we were only gone for two hours the entire weekend. I think what bothers me is the way this situation was handled. I understand that she needed to call if my dog was barking, but it was the finger wagging, the condescending tone and the threat of an additional $200.00 charge. There are tactful ways of handling a situation such as this and the girl at the front desk needs some finger wagging herself. I'd be happy to do it.

The resort itself is outdated, there are stains on the rug, the coffee pot needs to be reset every 30 seconds or it turns off and the room is way too hot ... even if you decrease the heat. I definitely won't be returning.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
OpsManager01, General Manager at Copperstone Resort by CLIQUE, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments.

Given the extreme cold weather, it is understandable that you were unable to enjoy the outdoors with your family member. We appreciate that you returned so promptly to look in on your distressed loved one.

I feel it prudent to share our pet policy as outlined at check in; as it does account for our actions:

"Pets are not to be left alone in rooms. There are daycares for dogs in Canmore if needed. If your dog is alone and noisy, we will call you to ask that you to come back right away. There will be a charge of up to $200.00 if we get two or more complaints near by."

As a pet friendly property, it is our responsibility and obligation to advise guests when it is apparent that their pet is upset. This is done to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all pets. Often our companions can become agitated as a result of being left in a an unfamiliar environment without loved ones around to support them; and as such, can vocalize or even act out as a result of their distress. This is what prompted out team to contact you, as well as other guests having made us aware of the concern.

Although our noise complaint fee can be up to $200.00 for unattended pets, I am reassured by my teams empathy, when they chose to wave any charges, knowing that the extreme cold weather conditions did not afford you a lot of outdoor, companion friendly options.

Although I am sure that these circumstances did not lend to a more pleasant stay, I am confident in my teams decision to act proactively on behalf of your loved one.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I apologize for the stain and will have it addressed, immediately, as well as the ineffective appliance serviced. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

I may be reached at 403-678-0303.

Copperstone Resort Hotel
Fort Saskatchewan
Reviewed December 4, 2013

My family had the opportunity to stay at Copperstone once again this past weekend, as in the past this visit was also a pleasure. The front desk staff was welcoming and easily accomodated my request for a room away from the underground parking door (I have had this room in the past and as the door opens up beside the bedroom it can be noisy). I will visit again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

OpsManager01, Senior GSA at Copperstone Resort by CLIQUE, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thankyou for giving us the opportunity to fullfill your request during your stay this past weekend.With the variety we offer in the layout of the resort we are happy to do so .We look forward to your return.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I will start checking and avoiding pet friendly places. We do not have a pet and pets are dirty! There was a good amount of pet hair throughout the apartment. The apartment was spacious and tasteful, not gorgeous or designer quality like we have gotten in Canmore in the past. The finishing was a bit on the cheap side. Appliances and bathroom fixtures showed this; the dishwasher was useless. Dishes were somewhat minimal and cheap making cooking a bit challenging. Sound and cooking smell penetrated into the suite. It was fairly clean but the kitchen floor felt grimy/sticky and the toilets weren't totally clean. This is a but too far from Canmore for us as well. Sunday morning, we couldn't find cream and had to drive 15 minutes to Canmore. Dead mans flats is basically hotels, 2 gas stations and a restaurant from what I saw. If it were cleaner, had more dishes/pots, had a working dishwasher ... It would help a lot to compensate for location and quality.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

OpsManager01, Manager at Copperstone Resort by CLIQUE, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention. It is unfortunate that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us. PLease note that we do offer non-pet friendly units. I will have the dishwasher addressed by our maintenance, and bring your floor comments to the attention of our housekeeping department, as these are not to standard. Please feel free to contact myself if we can be of any resolution.

Thank you once again for your comments.

Respectfully
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We had the two bedroom suite and it was just perfect for our family of five. The rooms, living area and general facility were immaculate. My wife, the kids and I enjoyed our stay and really appreciated the heated underground parking. Proximity to Canmore made it easy to enjoy a tranquil mountain retreat while having easy access to facilities in Canmore. Will definitely recommend and will return.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

OpsManager01, Senior GSA at Copperstone Resort by CLIQUE, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Your comments are gratefully apreciated but even more important that you enjoyed your stay to the fullest. It is our pleasure to be able to provide our guests with the heated underground parking. And especially during the winter months when we head into our Big Ski season.Look forward to your return.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dead Man's Flats
Holiday Inn Canmore
Holiday Inn Canmore
#13 of 28 in Canmore
Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge

Been to Copperstone Resort by CLIQUE? Share your experiences!