“Great family stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Copperstone Resort

Copperstone Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   250 2nd Ave, Dead Man's Flats, Canmore, Alberta T1W 2W4, Canada   |
Offers & Announcements
Free room upgrade
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Great family stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We have stayed here twice. Once as a couple and once with our 5 kids. The kids LOVED it!! Couldn't believe the room and the chance to choose where they could sleep. They loved how it was like staying a someone's home. We loved how we each had separate places to sleep and also have a living room to hang out and play games. Also the full sized kitchen was a treat so we could cook for ourselves and weren't subject to eating out all the time. Also, the Junction House restaurant that is right there was AMAZING! By far our favourite restaurant. Thank you! This is our place of choice to stay everytime we come to Banff or Canmore.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
OpsManager01, Front Office Manager at Copperstone Resort, responded to this review, June 11, 2016
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your time in leaving a review. Our team works extremely hard to assure that the highest level of guest service and cleanliness is achieved and it is gratifying to know that you had a wonderful experience. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Front Office Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

As you can tell from my overall rating this place is a good place to stay, located in dead man flats just outside canmore its a cheaper yet newer and modern place to stay if you want to be near the mountains but not pay mountain prices. The rooms are clean and have basially anything you need to make your own meals and secure parking for as many cars as you like if its not around the holiday season. The staff are very helpful and will bring anything you need. I've stayed here 3 times before. The only thing I have NEGATIVE to mention is about their hot tub cause it really left a sour taste in my mouth and perhaps has tainted me from staying here again or using any hotel's hot tubs in general. I bought a brand new expensive bathing suit (CAD $120) and wore it for the first time in the hotel's hot tub and the chlorine bleached it so badly (I guess it's still wearable but def isn't the color I bought it in). The bathing suit is not of any cheap materials its seafolly brand and I've ever had a issues with color bleaching with this same brand. I contacted the hotel to ask if perhaps the chlorine level that day was above normal levels and they assured me it was not. I was offered 50% off a future room rate however all I really wanted was a reimbursement of my damaged product (a mere $120). But I was rejected to be reimbursed and liekly wont use the 50% future room rate and all this took palce via email over the course of 2 months so just dissapointed with the result of this. And from now on will only wear my cheaper suits in hotel hot tubs.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Candace N

Calgary, Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Rooms are well appointed... everything you need for a peaceful, relaxing getaway. Staff are courteous, knowledgeable and accomodating. It would be nice if there was a restaurant on the complex. Loved that it was so quiet because it made for a great sleep.

1 Thank N0rmagirl

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Great place to stay for a great price with a full kitchen and washer & dryer. Anything else you needed was less than 10 min. away. Perfect place to stay for a weekend skiing for the family. The only thing I noticed were the towels provided could be upgraded and a few retired.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed in February 2013 in a 2-bedroom apartment with a couple of friends. The location is very quiet, but close to all the activities, such as Canmore and Banff shopping and entertainment, ski slopes and cross-country trails.

The 2-story apartment was in a good overall shape and very spacious - big bedrooms, very generously sized bathrooms and large open kitchen/living area with enough place for many guests. The kitchen and the living room are on the first floor, the two bedrooms and two full bathrooms are on the second. There is a hot tub in the middle of the resort and several BBQ grills that are shared by all guests. Overall, a very nice place to stay and we would definitely come back.

A few negatives to watch out and some tips to improve the quality of your stay:
- The dishwasher in our apartment was in a sorry state. I would say that every single item that went into it had to be washed by hand afterwards. This is not because of our impossibly high cleanliness standards, but because the dishwasher spreads the leftover food all over everything in it instead of washing. The detergent tablet does not dispense properly 5 times out of 6.
- Inspect your tableware before using it. Ours were covered with dried food, because of the state the dishwasher was in.
- There are no baking trays. If you want to make pizza, croissants or pastries, bring your own baking tray.
- There was no hair dryer.
- If you intend to cook - as we did on both nights of our stay - bring you own knives, because the ones in the kitchen drawer are rather dull and of the cheapest variety (which I don't blame them for, but if you care for good cooking gear bring your own).
- The best place nearby to shop for food and wine is Canmore

Other than that, really nice stay. Friendly, helpful staff, good location, decent value for the price.

Edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I had organized a trip for my husband and eight or so of our friends to get together in Canmore to go skiing. Seeing as we were planning to have a good adult time to celebrate my husband's 33rd birthday, I needed the place to meet the following:

- Make a good impression as we wanted to be comfortable
- Was spacious as people were going to gather in our room a lot
- Had a variety of room sizes as groups of different sizes were coming
- Allowed dogs (I have 3)
- Had a big hot tub (as we had a large group)
- Had to be clean (I hate dirty places)
- A well equipped kitchen (I was making dinner for the group)

And you know what? Copperstone had all of that! We stayed in room 3203. I changed my reservations like THREE times as the group sizes kept changing in the months leading up to our stay. The staff were GREAT and sent me email confirmations each time. I found the other hotel guests quiet and polite. The suite was a two bedroom and den. The beds were super comfy and king size. The baths were spacious and clean. We had a great time and are heading back again in a month to try it out either by ourselves or with only one other couple.

ONLY issues we had were that the dishwasher didn't clean the dishes to "sparkling", leaving a bit of residue. We told them only when we checked out as it wasn't big enough of a deal to have complained about earlier. As well, one pillow case had a fairly sizeable tear in it. Again, there were like six pillows to choose from, so not really an issue and I hadn't even mentioned it to them. Lastly, around the ensuite bathroom sink, there was a small hair by the tap that was missed while the place was being cleaned.

To us, these things were fairly minor. For the price, we were thrilled with our stay and would recommend this place to other people planning bigger get togethers. Also, despite being full to the extent that one bedrooms and one bedroom and dens were completely sold out, there was always room in the hot-tub and we went in everyday for the three days that we were there (from Feb. 8 - 11).

Finally, our friends also told us how glad they were I had "found" the place so I could tell they were impressed with their rooms too. : )

Wouldn't hesitate to book again and would recommend to others looking for a nice place that's really quite affordable for the area. I'd recommend staying three nights as they sometimes have a 3 nights for price of 2 deal.

Many have said it's very quiet - perhaps too quiet, but for us it was perfect. Our friends were around to entertain us! It's also a very quick drive to Canmore, where I had rented snowshoes, went for breakfast, and shopped for groceries. I found it convenient enough and overall, it was very relaxing for a three night stay.

Room Tip: I enjoyed having a room somewhat close to the hot-tub as it can be cold at night!

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Awesome condo and perfect place to stay for a family ski weekend. Everything close by so no complaints about the driving. Condo very clean, well kept and lots of room. Really nice to have full kitchen. We had 2 adults and 4 kids so would stay in the 2 bedroom suite w/den next time as the sofa bed was not very comfortable. Staff very nice and accommodating. Will definitely be planning another family weekend at Copperstone

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Windtower Lodge & Suites
Windtower Lodge & Suites
#17 of 30 in Canmore
3.5 of 5 stars 501 reviews

Been to Copperstone Resort? Share your experiences!