Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
StayForLong
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 28, 2016

Though it is listed as a hotel, it was more like a hostel.

Let me talk about the pros first.
1) It was cheap. My room for 2 cost only RM117. The room came with proper air conditioning, hot water, comfortable bed, and all other things one expects from a normal hotel.

2) Located next to the North-South Express. If one is travelling south ward, one doesn't need to waste time in trying to get out of Kuala Lumpur.

3) Quiet surrounding. No entertainment joints or traffic noise at night.

4) Safe as it is located inside a university, and plenty of parking lots.

The cons:
1) Though it said it has wifi, it was actually non-existing!

2) Though the room came with breakfast, it was a very simple fare. This was alright to me except that the porridge tasted sourish, ie spoilt already.

3) Suitable for those with their own transport as it is located right in the middle of a university.

4) Room is really old (though clean).

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed December 7, 2016

Just came back from 2 nights stay here. Place is serene with a lake next to it. Stayed at the 5th floor, in a lake-facing room. The view is so relaxing. Room is spacious with all the basic necessity. The shower had excellent water pressure. The bathroom could be cleaner as i saw few strains of hair on the walls during my first use itself. Hope the management can look into that matter as it's really unpleasant. Meeting room is small with good PA system. This hotel host many meetings, courses and workshops as during my time, 6 separate events where ongoing. Nevertheless all our event when as smoothly as we intended. Food was fairly good with generous spread. No fitness center though which could have been a marvelous addition but the lake has running tract around it, so that's a better alternative for fitness enthusiast. Overall it was a pleasant stay.

Room tip: The room with lake view is amazing
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2016

My umpteenth return trip. My choice as this the most convenient and strategic hotel smack in the middle of the places I usually have to go to. I very much like the peace and tranquility around the hotel.

Room housekeeping - very good so far except for the one Friday when the room housekeeping was done very late in the afternoon. As I have already returned back to the room by then, I think the crew did a rush job and the room was not properly kept and bathroom amenities not topped up. Otherwise they have always been tip-top.

Breakfast - Comes with the room and may put some 4-star hotels to shame. Good variety for the palates and quite a big menu spread to cater for most tastes. The "pulut kuning" (sticky yellow rice) with chicken curry on the first day was good, but not as tasty as in one my previous trips. I asked and was told the previous Chef has left. Maybe that's why. Also I see they no longer serve fried noodles at breakfast.

Reception : Fast and as courteous as always.

Surroundings: You can see weeds overgrowing the side walls and on the pavements but I understand this is under Uniten's jurisdiction and not the hotel's. A walk around the lake to admire the surrounding also serves as a good pick-me-up to lift one's spirits. The Uniten mosque beside the hotel is convenient for Muslims to do congregational prayers.

Others: There is a stall at university cafeteria nearby that serves very good Arabic food. I was surprised by the quality of the dishes served and went for dinner twice this time. Worth the price paid for - cheap and good!

Overall, the standards are still up there!

Room tip: Rooms not facing the lake a quieter.
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 833ali
Reviewed November 12, 2016 via mobile

it was a great hotel. nice dining, great service and polite workers. but, there was no taxi and bus available there. furthermore, it a bit far away from the city but really near to ioi city mall. if you going to attend any uni convocation or holiday, this is a good hotel to be.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank FrhEllissa
Khatuddin, General Manager at RHR Hotel @ Uniten Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2017

Greetings from RHR Hotel @ UNITEN!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience here during your recent stay with us.

Absolutely wonderful to read your lovely review and extremely pleasing to know that every things here had truly lived up to your expectations. I will be sure to share your kind words with our team.

Thanks again for your note. The team and myself look forward to the pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future should your travel brings you back on either business or leisure purpose.

In the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any further assistance.

Regards,

Ahmad Khatuddin

Reviewed November 1, 2016

Situated in the university compound..... very quite and calm. No vehicle noise. Room with lake view is nice. Facing the mosque and also the lakeside restaurant. Coffee house serves good spread of food during breakfast and lunch

Room tip: Book the suite. you will not regret it
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank e3108

Greetings from RHR Hotel @ UNITEN!

Regards,