Stayed for a long weekend (Friday - Monday) at the milking parlour. Had a lovely time, however a few minor points to be aware of.
1) we were unable to use to broadband that we had paid for. We mentioned to the owner at the time who suggested to try it on the laptop in the bedroom but still didn't work.
2) the cottage we stayed at said we had sky tv, however you'll find that you will receive more channels in a bog standard free view tv than in this sky package (bbc channels, itv channels and channel 4 channels).
3) if planning any evenings out do not rely on taxis. We went for a meal in hartington and the taxi firms we contacted quoted us a fare of £20 each way for a journey of less than 5 miles.
Despite these points above we did have a lovely relaxing holiday. The cottage itself was fab, and the complimentary bottle of wine was a lovely touch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 7 x 4**** stone cottages sleeping 3, 4 & 8 persons. Wi-fi. Glorious Peak District location in rolling countryside amidst 12 acres non working farm, which is surrounded by a nature reserve leading to River Dove. Footpaths/bridleways on the doorstep. 350 yards from village and pub. Three cycle trails within 3 miles. ... more less