“Average and over priced. ”

Quality Hotel Lincoln Green
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Waitakere City
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here two nights with our 18 mth old for a wedding we were attending. We booked into a standard room in the new part of which you couldn't really swing a cat in. (It was modern however). Went to give our baby a shower and heard dripping onto the lights above the bathroom coming from the room above us. I went to reception and the receptionist couldn't have been more obliging. She upgraded us to a premium room, well it wasn't really premium. It was very dated and rather dark. (Block closet to Lincoln road) they had guests in the units above us of which were so roust at 3am in the morning I was tempted to ring up to reception to and complain. But we just put up with it to save waking the onsite manager.
On our second day I had to check weather our room was actually going to be services as 1pm came around and it hadn't been done, it finally got done at 2.30. I spoke to the house keeper and she said there were only two cleaners on for about 30 rooms. I felt sorry for her and said only to change towels and rubbish. The room was averagely clean but could have been a lot better (we have our own commercial cleaning business and know the standard hotels require and it wasn't up to that standard. )
The receptionist Nok was super friendly and obliging and big compliments to her. Maybe they could invest some money in the units to make them more comfy.
I doubt we would return going by this experience and we travel a fair bit to Auckland.

Stayed: January 2014
Hammond C, General Manager at Quality Hotel Lincoln Green, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review of your stay, without your feedback I might not have known about the issues you experienced during your stay.
Please accept my apologies for the disappointing stay you experienced.
I will be discussing your comments with my team including the positive comments about our staff service, so that we can improve our product and service offering.
Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss your stay further.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write a review

Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed one night in this Henderson location. The signs are confusing - if you enter at the address given on the website, you land up in a pub. The correct entrance is about 50 metres down the side road. Check-in was a long procedure with them more pedantic than other places we have stayed. The building seems fairly new and our room was very nice and comfortable though small. It was accessible on the first floor via a lift. Wifi was expensive but a daily newspaper was free. There were no coffee sachets in our room, but the front desk was happy to supply these on request. Parking was easy near the front door. Better signage or directions on the website would be helpful.

Room Tip: Request a large quiet room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hammond C, General Manager at Quality Hotel Lincoln Green, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Thank you for your honest review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us & taking the time to inform us of the confusion you experienced from our website directions. I'll have the team write up a better description of our Hotel entrance.
Thank you again & hope to see you on your next visit to Auckland.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

The staff were lovely and very helpful, but the room was a disappointment and not worth what we paid. The room was clean and tidy but very dated. Maybe the rooms in the same building as reception are more up to date? We stayed on the top floor, in the block closest to Lincoln Road, it was surprisingly quiet at night though. Ok for a 1 night stay but not much more.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hammond C, General Manager at Quality Hotel Lincoln Green, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you for your feedback, we greatly appreciate hearing from our guests, as it is essential for us to continue improving our service to you.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Very spacious grounds and plenty of parking. Room average but clean and generally well appointed. Limited number of TV channels. Spacious bathroom. Room service available and reasonable menu as well. The cooked breakfast was exceptionally well presented and cooked. Good location for working in West Auckland. Lincoln road is busy but rooms seem sufficiently far away from the road it isn't an issue.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Many thanks for your review about our hotel. We really appreciate you taking the time to put your enjoyable stay in writing. We are often complimented on the ample parking area & accessible location.
We are currently upgrading our channel selection & would appreciate your input into what channels you'd recommend.
Please feel free to contact me on manager@lincolngreen.co.nz if you would like to offer feedback on the channels.

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel, the staff were absolutely fantastic! Little details but I was very impressed about them calling me back soon after I checked in asking me if everything was OK with my room. Very good service. Great conference room and restaurant as well.

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for your review, your comments on the service provided by our staff are most pleasing and will be shared with the team.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Really dissapointed with our room for 4 adults was absolutly tiny, 2 queen beds side by side a t.v and a mini bar, no ventalation in the bathroom, windows couldnt open in bathroom either, cracks in shower floor,had to ask for more towels and toilet paper, a jug but no kitchen sink?, no cutlery or plates, verandah area was covered in smoke butts, room wasnt serviced, and to top it off as we were checking in they then decide to tell us about thea $150 bond and hold that plus price of room on your credit card and tell u that u will recieve bond back on departure feeling suspicious i asked twice if i would be definitly getting my bond back when we checked out and was told "absolutly" however, when checking out, reception told us we would be getting our bond back in 4-5 working days!!! felt totally ripped off, will never stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013
Hammond C, Manager at Quality Hotel Lincoln Green, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am disappointed that your stay was not all it could have been. I would like to apologise on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay.
We have taken on board your feedback on our bond policy & are currently reviewing this.
The bond is released upon departure but there is a delay in the banks showing this of up to 5 working days which we need to make you aware of, again we apologise if this caused you any inconvenience.
We have shared your comments with the Housekeeping and Maintenance department regarding the condition of the bathroom & outdoor veranda area and we welcomed this as an opportunity to continue to improve our service.
As we are a hotel with Restaurant & Bar onsite we do not have kitchen facilities or cutlery in the rooms however we offer a guest kitchen which provides guests the option to self cater meals.
It is unacceptable that your room did not receive a service and I do apologies for this. We would like to be able to make this up to you, please contact me on the below details:
Hammond Cardon, manager@lincolngreen.co.nz

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed for one night but have stay a few times before. This is a comfortable motel with heaps of parking I find the bigger outside rooms better to stay in as the upstairs room are quite small .The outside rooms have no cooking facilities at all just a jug they do have a small mini bar. The motel is quiet and very clean
there is also a restaurant on site but i have not used this as there is good fast food outlets nextdoor. The staff are very polite and helpful. I will be back as this is the best motel in this area

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Hammond C, General Manager at Quality Hotel Lincoln Green, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Many thanks for your review about our hotel. We really appreciate you taking the time to put your enjoyable stay in writing. Your comments on the service provided by our staff are most pleasing and will be shared with the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel on your next Auckland visit!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Waitakere City
Jet Park Hotel & Conference Centre
Crowne Plaza Auckland
Crowne Plaza Auckland
#12 of 66 in Auckland Central

Been to Quality Hotel Lincoln Green? Share your experiences!