“Good food, charming atmosphere in Sandringham”
Review of Prague Bar

Prague Bar
Ranked #2,874 of 3,674 Restaurants in Auckland Region
auckland, new zealand
“Good food, charming atmosphere in Sandringham”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Have driven past heaps on the way to St Lukes, and finally decided to try it out. We have now been 3 times! Plenty of "Happy Hours" during the week, with food deals , mainly on the extremely yummy tapas selections.The calimari is some of the best I have ever had.Service has been friendly each time, and the food comes out promptly.
The inside seating area is pretty small, so i would recommend booking, as last time we had to sit at a very cramped table right where the door opens.This was compounded by the fact there was a large group in the outside area who were drinking A LOT, and kept leaving the door open.I guess this is a consequence of the place becoming more popular!
The owner has certainly achuieved his aim of a small Eurpoean type bar-a very enjoyable night out.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank callinghomekids

Auckland, New Zealand
“What a find in Balmoral”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Loving Tapas & seeing a deal on Grouponz I decided this was a great way to try out a cafe/bar I pass almost every evening on the way home from work. It was also my daughter birthday midweek, we didn't want a rowdy late night & thought what have we got to loose.
Well!!!! absolutely nothing. The bar/cafe is quite small but as it was early evening we certainly were not crammed in. The Tapas was excellent & plentiful, we couldn't quite eat it all so imagine our surprise when the waitress asked if we were ready for the next round. Not a chance, too full. However it wasn't left at that, although the food we already had eaten was well worth what we had paid for the voucher despite being very busy by now the waitress said she would arrange it to be boxed up as a take away. I suspect chef was not happy with his beautiful Tapas being boxed up & re-heated the next day so the lovely owner came over & offered us a rain check.
What amazing Tapas, friendly efficient bar/wait staff and clientele.
Thank you to you all we will definitely return & I have already recommended your establishment to several of my friends and work colleagues.
Lesley & Amanda