“all-round good place”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We went for a birthday treat and wasn't disappointed.
The food was tasty and well presented. The waitresses were knowledgeable both on the food and the wine options.

There are newer reviews for Billfish Cafe

Reviewed August 25, 2013

This review is done by a 'vegetarian' so I will pass on what the other three at our table said. My husband had the seafood chowder, and being an avid chowder expert!! rated this amongst the best he has had, as good if not better than Sam's Chowder House San Francisco!! Apparently the mussels (which there was a generous amount) were devoured and my daughter had the fish n chips which were plentiful and delicious also. For myself, well, not too much to choose but I knew that in advance so I will not comment on my food except to say I found sufficient to keep my stomach from rumbling. The setting is beautiful, the service was great and the host came around to check on all the tables which is always a lovely touch. The wine list is very good too. A lovely relaxed place with superb outdoor dining.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

What was supposed to be a VERY special occassion was turned into a total disaster. The chicken served to my grandson was RAW, the steak my daughter had was overcooked, and was then replaced after a very long wait, by a totally inedible plate of food. I hope they found more salt that day because our table's food had every last grain of salt the kitchen had to offer. But I think the most disappointing thing was, apart from the really horrible food, was that the person who enquired if everything was already, was not in the least bit interested in our reply!! Please people, don't waste your money here. There are far better eateries in beautiful Auckland.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We strolled along here on a Saturday morning with the dog. Stopped to have a coffee and breakfast - the breakfasts were beautifully presented...almost felt like we got the dinner chef - the poached eggs were perfect and loved the corn and ricotta fritters - nice service and coffee too....Great to sit right on the water....

Reviewed June 11, 2013

just around the corner from the main drag of Queen Street is what might appear to most as a fish bait shack. Buit isn't. Its a great place for tapas and mains dining in a lovely location when the sun is out and its not too cold. The food it great , the selections of wine wide and good beer on offer. Had an enjoyable meal with a mate I hadn't seen for years. A great convivial meal