“$15 Lunch Special”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The $15.00 lunch special is a great way of attracting people.
I have to say on arrival the restaurant does not look as inviting as the one next door, however for the price i cant really fault it.

Food was good, service was good (and the waitress looked amazing) that was a bonus!

go there for the lunch special you wont be dissapointed. Try the chicken on hummus with turkish bread...its worth a stop in for a long lunch!

Reviewed June 19, 2012

I have been here quite a few times over the past year. My friend really enjoys it...but I dont.
The food is very average and often bland. Last time I had salmon...and it was just salmon with mash potatoe and some veges. I can make that at home and with better presentation. There desserts are large and nice...but they havent changed the menu for over a year with these.
I like the atmosphere...its really chilled and inviting. I have always found the staff to be very friendly. However, they have a really bad habit of clearing plates before the other guest is finished. This is really bad form. There is nothing worse then sitting there eating alone because your friends plate has been whisked away. There is big room for improvement here.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

The manager is condescending, and everyone who works there is either incompetent or is just a plain jerk.

The food is average, and the atmosphere is nice (though you could get that from the neighboring Mecca and Invito) - but really, the service is just disgusting. Never going back there.

I really would not recommend this place.

1  Thank LMAuckland
Reviewed April 1, 2012

This outdoor cafe is in the Chancery area which is a lovely quiet walking area with no vehicle allowed.

On Sunday we can upon this restaurant which had a special $15 brunch for your choice of any one of 24 different menu selections.

My wife had a eggs benny and I had the Med Chicken. Both dishes were excellent fresh and hot.

Service was very attentive and very friendly.

After the brunch our waiter brought us over a complementary order of two small baclavas.

This place has good food, gret atmoshphere and warm Kiwi hospitality

Reviewed January 21, 2012

A friend and I came here for a meal -overall is was a disappointment.

The main issue was the terrible service. I explained a dairy food allergy twice to the waitress and when my meal came, there as yoghurt on the plate. The waiter had no idea that we had put in a special order and took both meals back the the kitchen. The meals arrived back again, without the yoghurt, but were now cold, so not particularly pleasant.

The waitress offered my friend another wine but ignored me, and had to be asked specifically when she reappeared.

When I asked for some Turkish Delight they told me they had run out. It is beyond me how a Turkish restaurant could run out of a non-perishable sweet early on a Friday night!

When we went to pay I told the cashier that the meals had a arrived cold. He gave me a dirty look, didn't respond and took the money.

I won't be coming back here - for the price, you can do a lot better.

2  Thank Kiwitraveller_8