“Amazing presentation, fabulous food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Industry Zen

Industry Zen
Ranked #124 of 3,513 Restaurants in Auckland Region
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Auckland, New Zealand
“Amazing presentation, fabulous food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

It takes a little while for one's eyes to adjust to the low lighting in Industry Zen, but once they do, you discover all sorts of fascinating objets d'arts everywhere you look. A feast of traditional and wacky Japanese artefacts, images and 'stuff'... one of the most wonderfully decorated restaurants I have ever been to.
Then there's the food! Last time I was there I was with a fairly large group of friends for lunch. I got one of the lunch boxes. The presentation just knocked our socks off, with fantastic serving dishes - from bird's nests to swimming holes, prawns standing up to say hello... Obviously the chef's mum never told him not to play with his food!
Yet everything was absolutely fresh and delicious - from the prawns and scallops to the miso and salad, right through to the petite dessert that came with the lunch. My companions concurred as we oohed and aahed and giggled our way through the meal.
A bit pricy at around $25pp for lunch - it is one of the most amazing places to go for a treat... looking forward to my next visit.

Visited September 2012

Penang Island, Malaysia
“Good food reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

After a long day out, our driver sent us to Industry Zen Japanese Restaurant.
It was 5pm and their business hour was 5:30pm. It was raining heavily and so cold. They not only allowed us to enter the restaurant, they prepared 2 steam rice and miso soups for my children who were extremely hungry.

We ordered Zen dinner set and scallop set. The food served were good and price were reasonable.
The ambience of the restaurant was very Japanese feel.

Highly recommended.

• Visited October 2012
Sunshine Coast, Australia
“Different but Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

the Bride and I ate there on a quick trip back to NZ recently. We have eaten there in the past. They put their own spin into things .The meal is always good with a varied wine list, however we always leave there feeling hungry. Perhaps we are just not ordering right.

Visited October 2012
“If you like Japanese food a great place to to have dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

Great food and service and dishes that I have not had before in other New Zealand Japanese restaurant

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Good Japanese at the viaduct”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have eaten here many times.. It's a fun place to visit. The food is more like artwork.. Very delicately presented.
It seems to have lost it's sparkle a little bit.. The waiters a little slow, the drinks a little slow, the endamame a bit cold and dried up.. But saying that, the food is generally good and I would recommend industry Zen.. And I will go back again.