“Absolutely horrified”

Pescado
Ranked #2,481 of 3,564 Restaurants in Auckland Region
Cuisines: Bar, Mediterranean, European, Spanish, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Auckland, New Zealand
“Absolutely horrified”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I wrote a great review on this restaurant previously and I take it all back. We went there last night for our wedding anniversary. I was horrified. We shared an antipasto platter which was nice though meager. The squid hadn't had it's skin removed, so I battled with eating it. You can imagine the fight with the skin like an elastic band flinging the breadcrumbs all over my clothes. Then in the middle of still eating our entree, the waitress brought our main. I told her we weren't finished our entree and she ignored and still put it on the table. I even then said, the is not good enough and she didn't care. My husband ate his part, but it was too cold, icy cold by the time I got to it, so didn't eat it. I will never, ever go there again, nor will our friends by the time I have spread this around. I am so offended and disgusted, they ruined what was supposed to be a romantic and relaxed dinner for my husband and I and I won't forgive.

HamiltonNZ
“Oh My Gosh...this is my new favourite restaurant in Auckland”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stopped by with a friend on a Sunday afternoon for some Tapas.
We had a lovely greeting from two female waitresses.

We sat outside and its a beautiful setting with the waterfront and people walking by. Just a great way to spend the afternoon.
The Tapas were amazing, so fresh and full of flavour. Next time I would order two each and maybe one extra. Mainly because I was left wanting a little bit more after only having one. (Thats a good sign)

Ordered great coffees and hot chocolate as well.
It was just a lovely meal, atmosphere and great service.

We will be back......again and again.....:-)

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Exceeded my low expectations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

I had lunch here with a group. Service was perfunctory. Water was brought to the table and served in mismatched glasses. Other drinks arrived by stealth - turn around an suddenly beside you your drink had arrived. The menu was not very exciting and in the end for want of something to order I had the eye-fillet burger. This was better than I was expecting but I was expecting something terrible.

This is an average restaurant serving a range of pretty dull meals. Not a place I'd visit again.

Auckland
“Slow and poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

We dined on a week night and it was the holidays so they were busy. The table was dirty and roughly cleaned - which meant sponging the crumbs onto my chair which I had to wipe off. The drinks and tapas came fast and were nice. We waited over an hour for our mains and each time we asked we got a different waitress who told us 5mins, we actually stood up to leave just as they brought the food ,so we stayed. My husbands meal was supposed to come with steamed vegetables and it didn't. When we paid we mentioned all these problems, the manager didn't even apologise and cut us off. He looked at our hands and just said " I give you 10%". We weren't looking for a discount we were looking for an apology. Plus the discount offered didn't outlay the negatives. So we wont be returning and we won't be recommending to friends. We expected a lot more for what we paid. Not worth getting our babysitter for !

Sandy, Beds
“Harbourside dining”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

I was in a party of 8 and had booked a table for 7pm dinner. I cannot fault the quality and quantity of the food. We started with assorted tapas and then main courses. My "fish of the day" was snapper, very tasty and highly decoratively presented. Everyone in the party was satisfied with their choices. For dessert I chose apple and blackberry crumble, it turned out to be a sort of sponge cake with a little apple and blackberry, quite pleasant but certainly bore no resemblance to a fruit crumble.
My main criticism of Pescado was the furniture, the table we were sat at looked like it had come from a secondhand auction sale, was rough and not what I expect at a restaurant. The chairs had hard seats and straight backs, no cushions. I complained and my chair was very quickly changed to a fully upholstered one. The tables and chairs were of a condition that I would be embarrassed to have in my own home.
It was rather a cool and windy evening, despite the clear plastic curtains all round I found it very draughty and because of this and the furniture I would not re-visit for dinner. The service was efficient and the staff all very pleasant and helpful.