“Great service”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Just been here to dinner with my son and his friends. They have been before but it was my first time. All the staff were friendly and attentive. Food was excellent very large serving of nachos. I had the taco salad with grilled chicken it was delicious with lots of different flavours which kept surprising me.
When we left our group was paying separately and that was no problem.
A small crowded restaurant with a great atmosphere the lizards were amazing.
Would certainly come again

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I just love this restaurant. I have been going to Dos Amigos for 3 or 4 years. The owner Lizard is always willing to let the kids (and adults) touch is amazing lizards on display in the restaurant. It is a small, intimate restaurant, just across the streat from the beach in Mission Bay, with outdoor seating also. Amazing margaritas with only aguavo tequillas. Good food, and I have been there a couple of times to watch the Super Bowl on their large screen TV. I'd recommend this restaurant highly.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We came to Dos Amigos on a quiet Saturday afternoon. I was excited to order from the drinks menu which boasted a vast array of Margarita options. I was also pleasantly surprised at the price of the 'El Wrapo' and curly fries at only $13.50. However, I spent at least five minutes trying to make eye contact with the young asian waitress sipping her coke with her back to us behind the bar, which became increasingly frustrating as she wasn't even acknowledging the existence of customers in the restaurant. She was finally told by a man behind the bar that she needed to take the customer's order, which she did reluctantly. The food was tasty and the Strawberry Margarita was to die for! The portion sizes were great and the service from other members of the staff was okay, it was just a shame that we had a waitress with an attitude problem.. if you don't want to work there, don't work there!

Reviewed December 24, 2012

I have been on the road for ten months across the entire world. But for some reason I have found a million different ways to get this simplistic dish wrong. It's an easy concept, but everyone wants to throw some stupid twist on it.

Not at Dos Amigos. These are the best nachos I have had outside of the states and at a reasonable price! (Lunch menu)

Simple, yet contained the important ingredients. No sweet chili sauce like in Australia.

I saw a few people complain about the service, but it wasn't a problem for us. They were quick to refill our beers and the food came in a timely manner.

For more about New Zealand, copy and paste the link below into your browser:

aroundtheworldtripping.com/category/new-zealand/

3  Thank The_Gospel
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We had made a booking and friends of ours had arrived first and ordered starters, we followed shortly after to be 'welcomed' into the restaurant by a "there's too many of you, you don't eat" (although we had booked for the number of people we had). When we asked what the problem was we were literally shown the door and yelled at, it was so confusing, people around us also looked confused as to what the problem was but we didn't get a chance to discuss anything because we were shoved out the door. Our friends who had ordered starters (but not yet received them) cancelled their orders as they had planned to eat with us and they were also verbally abused and told they need to pay for these. I have never received such terrible service in my life, I will NOT be going back there. They lost out on over $1000 worth of business which we took to the Belgian Beer Cafe and received the best service ever! Tough luck!

2  Thank FoodSnob24