“Par excellence”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of ile de france - CLOSED

ile de france
Cuisines: French, European
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
Description: ile de france serves authentic French cuisine coupled with an extensive selection of wines from all over France. The atmosphere is rustic, cosy French style creating a lovely warm ambience in which to enjoy truly French cuisine made from fresh local ingredients and created by Chef Gilles Papst. French cuisine just as it should be, and just as you would eat in France... the ideal place to meet with good friends and linger over delicious food and wine.
“Par excellence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

I went to Ile de France last week and the meal and service was just stunning.

I tried the escargot entree and was blown away. The last time I had them, I thought I was eating an eraser. The main course of duck was possibly the best I have ever hard, with little or no fat.

The cost was worth every cent.

• Visited December 2013

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Yes! A proper French restaurant in Auckland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

This place is very relaxed and understated but the food is fantastic and truly French. Four of us went, had four courses each - breads and terrines then an entrée, main and desserts/cheeses. Every dish for all us was a hit - delicious sauces, magnificent terrines, tender meats, delightful desserts. I could go on and on. There was an interesting wine and non-alcoholic drinks list to go with it and excellent service. They made it a truly memorable occasion for us. We will be back and have already recommended Ile De France to many people. If you are a foodie, this is a must do. Prices are not crazy either.

• Visited November 2013
Gisborne, New Zealand
“Always perfectly cooked, Always perfectly delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

Have been here many times and have always been so happy with whatever dish it is I've had - the chef takes a lot of pride in his food and it shows in the way it is always perfectly cooked and beautifully seasoned. I must agree with a previous reviewer, the béarnaise would have to be the best in NZ! The first time I had it was with a steak, which was devine, and between the steak and dipping my chips, I quickly got through the sauce and asked the waiter if I might have a bit more (only because it was so good I just had to be greedy)! Shortly after I noticed the chef whisking away, whipping up a fresh béarnaise to order with a big smile for me while doing it!
Whenever possible I always try to work in a meal at Ile de France when in Auckland - always a highlight!

• Visited August 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Enjoyable dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

The restaurant has large floor area, high ceilings and plenty of glass, as such loses a bit of intamacy and a non french feel about it. However the menu takes you strongly down its French roots. Good selection of entrees including a stunning and generous snail dish. Scallops also perfectly prepared and presented. Seafood main special was delightful. We stayed true with a wonderful french chablis from a reasonably priced wine list. Good service throughout the evening.

• Visited August 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Had excellent lunch, want to try dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

French food with a slight nz twist we had clams in a garlic broth/sauce accompanied with the best hand cut fries/chips I have ever had delicious. The dinner menu had more classic French dishes so would like to try these next time!

• Visited May 2013