“Menu change :(”

Ranked #1,866 of 4,368 Restaurants in Auckland
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Went to Apadana last year August! Great food, I had vegetarian filo pastry, amazing food!
I missed out on having meat so I went again last night! Quite disappointed with the whole menu change and owner change. The menu has mainly thai food and mediterranean menu has only one page left with hardly anything exciting!!
My mum is a vegetarian, on my recommendation she came and she had no choice left then to go for Thai!
Ordered Thai green curry and rice! the curry sauce was so diluted that I thought I am having water green curry!
Ordered turkish bread for starters, never came and later cancelled! They gave it for free understanding we were disappointed.
The veg fried rice was nice, mum appreciated it.
Overall Avg Experience. Might go for Thai food but will miss the original Apadana!

Date of visit: January 2013

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Our second visit was quieter than our first, so the general feel was peaceful and relaxing. We had an interior table, received good service and good food. We missed the starter, having already discovered the size of the mains, but made up foir that with a shared medium platter. The Ghormei Sabzi is very good, my wife enjoyed her lamb shank. This was more than sufficient.
Once again, the Apadana gave us excellent value. This is not the cheapest in the area, but it is well worth visiting. We will be back the next time we are in Auckland.

Date of visit: November 2012
Reviewed June 16, 2012

closer to average than very good. disappointed that moussaka was not on the menu. belly dancer was ok. just overall little below expectation but not bad in anyway. do visit and give it a try..........

Date of visit: June 2012
Reviewed May 25, 2012

My wife and I loved this - we went early on a quiet Thursday evening and found the service welcoming, friendly and attentive. The food is well prepared and the portions are generous - don't overdo the starters - they are worth sharing. I was also surprised by the price - its about average for the area, and yet the food is one step up.
I would love to visit on a summer evening and watch the world go by - Outdoor seating is slightly set back from the busy-ish Dom Rd, which is fun!

Date of visit: May 2012
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We went on a quiet Friday night... the food was nice as was the decor. A lovely open fire was burning, and the table service was excellent. The music was loud, so we asked them for a table further from the speakers - they offered to turn the music down so we didn't have to leave! Wonderful! The background music was sort of weird - it's a Turkish/Persian restaurant, but we listened to 90's pop?? Anyway, staff were all very friendly, and parking wasn't a problem. Prices were good too. Would recommend

Date of visit: September 2011