“They're in the middle of nowhere and they are Auckland's best kept secret!”
Review of Epolito's Pizzeria - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Epolito's Pizzeria
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

My hubby and I were seriously despairing over a lack of good pizza in NZ. Not even great, just decent pizza. Not these cardboard thingies pretending to be pizza. Then an FB friend posted a rave review about this place; her description was so vivid and just simply mouth-watering I was beginning to think they'd put dope in her pizza. I was determined to find this place. And we did. It was literally in the middle of nowhere. The joint is so nondescript, so unassuming and so tiny. But I didn't go there for the ambience. So we ordered something that had everything on it except the kitchen sink. Even the name sounded massive: The Godfather. This fast- talking chick ( only later did I find out her name is, well, Chick) made our pizza and boy can she make pizza as fast as she can talk. She was loud, too. Add to the blasting music and u can almost pretend you're not in some suburban nowhereland but in the Big Apple.

Then came the pizza... and I was right. They must've put dope in it because it was simply THAT good. I can't really write much about it because I'd probably wouldn't be able to describe it anyway. But I can tell you this much: I will regret this review because I'm selfish and I like keeping amazing stuff for myself. But, hey, it's Christmas and this is my good deed for the year. Despair not, my fellow pizza-philes. Your salvation lies yonder in Onehunga, or thereabouts.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Have now been here several times since my original review. During my latest visit, we took away a few samples of Chick's latest creation, BAGELS !!!. Wow, they are very yummy and a good size.

Still think its hard to beat these pizza's in Auckland !

Reviewed January 28, 2012

For the best pizza out call to see Chickalena, crisp base with delicious toppings do try the Godfather and many other tempting treats.
Open Tuesday to Saturday pizzas available in three sizes.
Limited seating available.

3  Thank JamesMurray
Reviewed May 17, 2011

Had a tight squeeze for a group of 10. Well worth it, had several different pizza’s, all well topped and very moreish. Looking forward to next visit. Harlem, The Godfather, Corleone amongst the favorites.

The best pizza in Auckland, so far ............

2  Thank Keith E