“Consistently very good experiences here.”
Review of Casablanca Cafe

Casablanca Cafe
Ranked #266 of 3,596 Restaurants in Auckland Region
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Auckland, New Zealand
“Consistently very good experiences here.”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I think this restaurant is a bit of a gem....my friends and I have eaten here a fair bit and the meals have always been of a very good quality....(I'm going to draw your attention to the tagines...everyone I have had has been quite quite lovely)
The seating is great, with a selection of styles from high stools to standard height chairs and tables to big comfy cushions. The music has always been loud enough to hear but not too loud that conversation is difficult.
There always seems to be a good selection of food on offer, both sweet and savoury, and the coffees have always been great as well.
If I was pushed to make any negatives, and I would have to be pushed to do so, is that staff will clear away dishes on the table even if someone else at the table is still eating and I thought that maybe this was there way of hurrying us up? (it wasn't overly busy and it was 18:00 so they were not shutting shortly)
We will definitely keep coming back to this place as it has always been fairly priced and consistently tasty food in a lovely environment.

• Visited March 2013

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Wow, delicious!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I am inspired to write this having had lunch there today - I had the Lamb Fattoush (salad) with big juicy pieces of lamb, whole walnuts, grated beetroot, pieces of Turkish bread... Murat (the owner) came and spoke with me as I was dining alone, he told me this was new on the menu, so I tried it. WOW! Talk about tasty and filling :)

I simply love the food here... It is authentic, flavorsome, and fresh; the meat is tender, the menu is unique and interesting, and ohhhh so delicious. I was alone today, as it is a nice place to come and relax mid-shop. However I love coming here for a filling brunch with the boyfriend (often) or dinner with Dad (very often!) as Casablanca is central, accommodating and I know the food is the best. As well, the staff are friendly and the atmosphere is fitting for a relaxing visit :)

So, thanks Casablanca!!

• Visited February 2013
Thames, New Zealand
“Fantastic food and service.....”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

A girlfriend and I went to dinner at the Casablanca and because she knew I loved Mediterranean
food and she had been to this restarant many times before and never been dissapointed........And neither was I. The food is fresh and tasty the service was quick and very polite.... Not sure what Dennelle was on about as you place your own order......We went there on a Thursday night and the restarant was full.....and they politley found us a table and brought sparkling water straight way...The mixture of dips were fantastic and the bread to die for...( I later found out they make there own)...soooo yummy...Unfortunatly I live in Thames otherwise it would be a regular place for me to eat.....So lucky Aucklanders.......

Pukerau, Southland
“Great service and tasty food”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

WE had a great experience here and in such a great spot before or after attending the movies. Jessica our waitress was very helpful. We had a series on entrees instead of mains and it was a great way to judge what the main courses could have been like. We enjoyed and found the cost to be reasonable. Lovely ideal setting too, you can choose outdoor or indoor dining.

1 Thank PukHawk
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Excellent value”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Casablanca has become a bit of a regular for my wife and I. The food is consistently good-great Mediterranean food with value for money. Have to laugh at reviews that say no service-customers are told on arrival to order at the front desk. A neat place to relax and handy before or after the movies

Murat A, Owner at Casablanca Cafe, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
‘Thank you very much for the positive comments. I’m so glad your visit was enjoyable. I will pass your feedback on to the team, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.’