“Fabulous food””

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I went there for dinner with my friends on my birthday. I love the presentation of the food and their service is good. I will definitely come back again.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Had dinner here with my 10yo son for his birthday treat this past Saturday, we did not have a booking but were seated straight away. Once we ordered our food it came out very quickly and was very well presented and good. We had Soft Shell Crab, salmon Sashimi, duck spring rolls and Spicy Tiger prawns, one glass wine ,Pineapple juice and a still water. Total of our bill was $106. Value wise I think it was OK as both of us were absolutely stuffed and happy. A big thank you to our waitress, Cornella W ? for sorting out a Birthday treat for my son :)
We will be back. Thanks

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Been here 3 times now, and always have great food & good service. Really rate the soft mud crab, and the vegetarian sushi one of our group ordered(not on menu just ask) was awesome. There was also a fabulously delish cocktail which was topped off with foam. Can't see it on the drinks menu online but it was Limey & fruity. Only think is that it is pretty pricey. Was $320 for 4 which included 3 cocktails & 4 glasses of wine, and 4 shared plates which were not very filling. So don't go there if you are starving and on a budget! Presentation was lovely and our waitress was excellent.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

We have eaten lunch here 5 times and dinner now 4. The only value for your money you get here is in the lunch Bento box at $24 or the special $29. Both are good. Just to clarify, the food is good and has always been consistent. It is always fresh and presented well. You can book at lunch time but not at dinner time unless you are a group of 8 or more. We walked in about 7pm and there were 3 free tables to seat 4 which we were told we could not have. We had to sit at a high table on stools. The other 2 tables remained empty for the duration we were there. We asked why and she said it was because they were booked so i asked if they took dinner reservations now for parties under 8 to which she said no, only for special people who want to sit in special areas of the restaurant. At that point we stopped asking as she made no sense.
We had a selection of food including teriyaki chicken, Karange chicken, beef tataki, mixed tempura, scallops & crayfish carpaccio. The scallops were $25 for 3. She offered to add one more to the plate for $9. Really? The crayfish carpaccio was $39 for a very small circle of crayfish which would have been equivalent to a finely sliced medium sized prawn. The prices they charge for some of their seafood is straight out ridiculous. Yes, the flavours are there but even average value for money, not at all. Its not like it was flown first class from the cleanest, freshest sea in the whole world to be prepared by tetsuya in my private kitchen restaurant. I just think they are stingy with their portion sizes for what you get.

1  Thank whanau_travels
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Great Japanese! We shared a few dishes, pan fried scallops with yuzu hollandaise (we had to get a second plate!) and crab sushi with mango and avo has me craving it often.