“Outside dining”

Ranked #2 of 43 Restaurants in Devonport
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Excellent menu, varied and tasty. We sat outside on a hot summers evening and watched the passers by as we ate, no doubt they watched us as well. However you feel quite relaxed and there is space on the table for everything and the service is attentive and friendly. Food was served well and both looked and tasted delicious. Will certainly go again and again.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

After a long flight from Sydney to Auckland, took a ferry out and decided Manuka for dinner because it had a really good menu. I had my first beef wellington in my life and it was so delicious I wanted to finish it all and not leave any left on my plate. My dad had the flounder and that was really nice as well. The trio of dips and flat bread as an entree was just as good! Had a couple of strong, hot coffees (which was necessary after the flight. The service provided was excellent, would recommend traveling across the water to have dinner there!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We ate about four breakfasts, three dinners here and we enjoyed everything we had. We especially recommend the pizza and the greek salad. The staff was very friendly and even remembered us after we returned over a three week absence. Prices seemed fair for quality and quantity of the food.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We went here after a recommend from a friend who lives in Devonport. It was very busy on a Sunday night, but staff were friendly and very attentive. The ambience is casual, cafe-style, and it is stylishly decorated. Tables and chairs were comfortable, with reasonable spacing between tables too. I ate the most delicious Seafood Chowder I think I have ever had - packed with clams, salmon, scallops, calamari, and more; and creamy, herby, and perfect. Husband had a delicious pasta dish with ham and cheese. And we shared a Greek salad of perfect green, served with huge chunks of Feta and delicious olives, and tossed in quality olive oil. All ingredients were high-quality and they were not used sparingly and portions are large. An excellent supper.
The pastries and desserts looked wonderful too, but that would have been beyond gluttony!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

It was the busiest place in town at lunch time that day, which says a lot. Not sure I'd go there for dinner (it's pretty casual, more like a cafe than a restaurant) but the food was lovely and the service good.