“Like staying with Family”

and 1 more site!
Admirals Landing Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 8 Devonport B&B and Inns
Levin, New Zealand
“Like staying with Family”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying with Joy & Howard at their gorgeous home in Devonport & were looked after like royalty.
Joy was such a wonderful historian & we had an interesting walk up Mt Victoria to see the fabulous views. The breakfast was just scrumpscious & we could not have found a better location across the street from the ferry terminal. We went into the city on the ferry on Saturday night to enjoy the fun at a lovely restaurant. On the Sunday we attended the Devonort Wine & Food Festival so lovely way to end our weekend get away.
Joy & Howard are like staying with family as nothing is too much trouble. I so enjoyed Joy's stories of the local history.
Devonport is a charming wee village & has wonderful art galleries. We highly recommend you stay with Howard & Joy if you want a very special Devonport experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Alameda, California
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

This is a really wonderful place. The proprietors are very attentive but not overbearing, and are extremely helpful and knowledgeable. The location is absolutely perfect; it's right across the street from the ferry terminal, allowing for super convenient access to the downtown area. Also, there are no trees on the opposite side of the street there (unlike down the street a bit), so there are spectacular views of downtown. Breakfast is delicious! There is plenty to choose from, no matter what your dietary constraints might be. The roasted tomatoes were probably the best thing we ate the whole time we were in the Auckland area. They are definitely not to be missed! I could go on and on about how great this place is, but really you should just go and see for yourself!

• Stayed March 2013
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Planning a recent business to Auckland city, I discovered that all the big city hotels were full. Initially I was very frustrated, but after searching for accommodation options around Auckland, I discovered that Devonport was only a 10 minute ferry ride from the city... And then I discovered that Admirals Landing B&B was just opposite the ferry terminal overlooking the beach across to the city, and I thought why not. A quick look at the web site suggested that the B&B facilities were very nice, and the owners Howard and Joy seemed really interesting.

It was all true! The ferry ride across the harbor was only 10 minutes.. It was a 2 minute walk from the Devonport terminal to the house. And Howard and Joy were lovely. My room and en suite were appointed better than most fancy hotel rooms, and the service including breakfast served on my little balcony was great. Howard was even happy to lend me a pair of cuff links having realized I'd forgotten mine.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and I'm hoping that the other hotels are full again on my next trip!

Stayed February 2013
Uk
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed at Admiral's Landing for 1 night during our vacation Down Under. We were looked after so well by Howard and Joy. Joy gave us her personal trip to Mt Victoria which was brilliant and so unique. The views were great.
It is so convenient for the ferry to Auckland.
The breakfast is immense...it sets you up for the day
We went there on recommendation and were not disappointed

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Marlow, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I was looking for a relaxing final night after a two week visit home in Napier. Googlemaps found Admirals Landing for me and I booked. Best decision I made. Joy and Howard were fantastic hosts - incredibly friendly. I followed recommendations for a local bite to eat - lovely - and then Joy very kindly took me on a small hike to share the views and history of the local area. A good night's sleep was followed up by breakfast ... wow! Plenty of delicious, local food to fill my hollow legs. I would heartily recommend to anyone considering a stay here. I will be back on my next trip.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a relaxing weekend at Admirals Landing. Arriving just after 2pm, we were greeted by Joy and relaxed with a pot of tea and cheese and crackers. After a look around at the superb setting, Joy took us for a free guided walk up Mt. Victoria. There were magnificent 360 degrees views and the weather was perfect. Joy also took some photos of us which we rarely have.
Our bed was very comfortable and we loved the big shower and all the extras in our room, even spare cell phone chargers.
We were pleased to only be a few metres from the ferry and the eateries along Devonport's main road.
The breakfast was definitely the highlight for us. Beautiful fresh fruit, a delicious cooked breakfast, pastries, juice, tea and coffee. This had us set for the day.
We couldn't have chosen a more relaxing place to stay. It greatly exceeded our expectations.

Room Tip: We recieved a free upgrade to the waterfront room which had amazing views of Auckland Harbour and Au...