“Lucky that the big hotels were full!!!”

and 1 more site!
Admirals Landing Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 8 Devonport B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Planning a recent business to Auckland city, I discovered that all the big city hotels were full. Initially I was very frustrated, but after searching for accommodation options around Auckland, I discovered that Devonport was only a 10 minute ferry ride from the city... And then I discovered that Admirals Landing B&B was just opposite the ferry terminal overlooking the beach across to the city, and I thought why not. A quick look at the web site suggested that the B&B facilities were very nice, and the owners Howard and Joy seemed really interesting.

It was all true! The ferry ride across the harbor was only 10 minutes.. It was a 2 minute walk from the Devonport terminal to the house. And Howard and Joy were lovely. My room and en suite were appointed better than most fancy hotel rooms, and the service including breakfast served on my little balcony was great. Howard was even happy to lend me a pair of cuff links having realized I'd forgotten mine.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and I'm hoping that the other hotels are full again on my next trip!

Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed at Admiral's Landing for 1 night during our vacation Down Under. We were looked after so well by Howard and Joy. Joy gave us her personal trip to Mt Victoria which was brilliant and so unique. The views were great.
It is so convenient for the ferry to Auckland.
The breakfast is immense...it sets you up for the day
We went there on recommendation and were not disappointed

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I was looking for a relaxing final night after a two week visit home in Napier. Googlemaps found Admirals Landing for me and I booked. Best decision I made. Joy and Howard were fantastic hosts - incredibly friendly. I followed recommendations for a local bite to eat - lovely - and then Joy very kindly took me on a small hike to share the views and history of the local area. A good night's sleep was followed up by breakfast ... wow! Plenty of delicious, local food to fill my hollow legs. I would heartily recommend to anyone considering a stay here. I will be back on my next trip.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a relaxing weekend at Admirals Landing. Arriving just after 2pm, we were greeted by Joy and relaxed with a pot of tea and cheese and crackers. After a look around at the superb setting, Joy took us for a free guided walk up Mt. Victoria. There were magnificent 360 degrees views and the weather was perfect. Joy also took some photos of us which we rarely have.
Our bed was very comfortable and we loved the big shower and all the extras in our room, even spare cell phone chargers.
We were pleased to only be a few metres from the ferry and the eateries along Devonport's main road.
The breakfast was definitely the highlight for us. Beautiful fresh fruit, a delicious cooked breakfast, pastries, juice, tea and coffee. This had us set for the day.
We couldn't have chosen a more relaxing place to stay. It greatly exceeded our expectations.

Room Tip: We recieved a free upgrade to the waterfront room which had amazing views of Auckland Harbour and Au...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The best type of accommodation you could wish in Auckland. Joy and Howard are hosts who do their best to meet all your needs. Clean comfortable rooms, tasty breakfast and superb location - just 50 meters from ferry. Unbeatable view from your windows. You can feel yourself like you are at home. Next time I'm in Auckland I will be a returning customer, for sure.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Admirals Landing was my second choice of where to stay in the quaint old part of Devonport. I am so glad our first was booked out because by chance we stumbled upon the best kept secret in Devonport. Joy and Howard run a AAA+ B&B. It's facilities are equal [and better] to many first class hotels that we have stayed in. The views across the harbour to Auckland are fantastic. You are a stones throw from the Ferries that will take you to the Auckland CBD or for a wonderful day out catch the ferry to Waiheke Island and sample a day of wine tours and fine dining. If that doesn't grab you, try taking a flat and easy walk around the block. One street down and you are in the heart of Old Devonport with wonderful eateries and special places to shop. Down the next street and you find the New World Supermarket tucked neatly away out of sight. Take the next street and the quaint old houses take you back to another era and back to the B&B where Joy will delight in showing you photos and telling the tale of how and why the B&B came to be built on the site of the old Devonport 'Bordello'.
When Joy isn't regaling you of her stories, you will find yourself being fussed over and spoilt rotten by this couple who really know a thing or two about making your stay a truely different experience. Would we return...... YES.

Room Tip: Two nights minimum stay is required to get the full treatment. All the rooms have double glazing so...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I come to Auckland on business once a year. This is my fourth year in a row I stayed at Admiral's landing. A quick walk and you are on a relaxing ferry ride to downtown Auckland. It's like coming back home. Joy and Howard are hosts who know how to treat their guests. It's a lovely place. Superior to most hotels and immaculate. Breakfasts are wonderful and whatever you want. Vacation or business travelers should take a look at this B and B. If you don't want to go into the City, Devonport is a favorite shopping and eating destination. Take a walk up nearby Mt. Victoria.
I will be back next year.

Room Tip: The room overlooking the ferry terminal is the best.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business