“Felt like home and didn't want to leave!”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Lutlut7
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Felt like home and didn't want to leave!”
Reviewed 1 week ago for a stay in June 2018

Stayed in this holiday home for 2D1N for my recent family trip to Auckland. My experience can be summarized as below:

What's impressive:
- Excellent location at the quiet residential area.
- Short 2-3 walking distance to the nearest restaurants, cafes and even a large supermarket. Very close to Devonport village and short walk to beach.
- Very close to the Devonport village, short walk to beach, and also short walk to hike Mt Victoria where you can get an absolutely beautiful view of Auckland city skyline.
- There's an organic garden right in front of the studio which is tended by David. During the right season, you get to taste some of fruits from the garden :)
- Very friendly and helpful hosts (David and Gillian), ensured everything works well for us as we check in to their unit.
- Simple welcome fruit basket awaiting for us as we check in.

What to expect:
- It's a studio apartment at the bottom of David's and Gillian's home.
- Large unit, nicely renovated to fit one family of 3 - 4. Comes with dining table, kitchen utensils, microwave, fridge, kettle, towels, shampoo, hair dryers
- No TV in the unit (but not an issue for us as we don't really watch TV), not toothbrush so bring your own.
- Decent downlink/uplink speed WiFi provided.
- There are yoga sessions available on demand guided by David and Gillian. Ask around if you wish to have your private sessions.
- You also have your dedicated parking spot if you are driving there.

What can be improved:
- Nothing! Love this place, so keep it as it is!

Final Verdict:
- Though staying just for 1 night, I really felt like home and didn't really want to leave. Will recommend to others for sure and if I do return to Auckland, will definitely stay longer here as I really love Devonport as it's quiet and peaceful.

Jun 11, 2018
Hi
Thank you for your lovely review... We hope you can stay again one day.
claire58
Australia
“Great Apartment, Awesome owners”
Reviewed July 19, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

This apartment is well located within easy walking distance (5-10 mins) of the sea front, shops and restaurants with a supermarket just 2 mins walk away. The apartment itself is comfortable and equipped with a table and chairs, fridge, microwave, crockery, cutlery and a desk.
The owners are very helpful and welcoming. Our flight into Auckland arrived early morning well before normal check in time. On our arrival Gillian was very welcoming and offered us drinks and even took us for a walk round the town. The apartment was cleaned as soon as the previous nights occupants left and we were able to commence our stay there around midday which we really appreciated. Gillian and David even put some milk in the apartment fridge and fruit.
We preferred Devonport as a place stay to Auckland, it is more of a seaside town with a lovely vibe to it and still easy to get to Auckland via the ferry which is a very short journey. The entire family (kids and adults) highly recommend this apartment.

Dianne M
Brisbane Region, Australia
“Great place to stay!!”
Reviewed April 12, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Wonderful location , safe and easy walk to ferry and buses. Shops handy and supermarket just across the road. Quiet spot. Friendly and very helpful owners Clean and tidy, really good shower and comfortable beds.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Awesome place”
Reviewed April 6, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Very welcoming and helpful. Apartment clean, tidy, safe and comfortable. In such a great location. Good shower. Wifi good. We did not use our car once. Ferry to Auckland just around the corner and plenty of Cafes, banks, parks and the supermarket is just across the road. Nice safe and beautiful little town.

Apr 7, 2017
Hi Alex
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay.
Thank you for your lovely review.
Best wishes
David and Gillian
Kerry C
“A perfect spot to stay to explore Devonport and surrounds.”
Reviewed January 30, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

The accommodation was sparkling clean and super comfortable. Our hosts were welcoming without being intrusive. It is located a five minute stroll to the beachfront and all the restaurants and cafe's. Devonport feels like a maritime village - a beach holiday haven - not like a suburb of Auckland. We had a lovely time.

Linda K
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Comfortable and conveniently located”
Reviewed February 23, 2016 for a stay in January 2016
person found this review helpful

I was very happy with this accommodation.

It's conveniently situated at the quiet, residential end of a road leading down to Devonport’s main shopping centre and ferry terminal. The little cottage is set back from the road with a small, shady courtyard. It’s clean, well-equipped and comfortable and has a modern shower room with a drying rack. Though there’s no washing machine, a launderette is situated 5 minutes’ walk away, as is a supermarket with ATMs etc.

My hosts made me very welcome on my arrival and were helpful and thoughtful throughout my stay. I wouldn’t hesitate to book this cottage again.

Traveling group: Solo Traveler
jenny_orm...
Linlithgow
“A learning and therapeutic experience”
Reviewed July 15, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

I stayed in David and Gillian's apartment for the last 10 days of my 8 month student gap year in New Zealand. I found the atmosphere relaxing and a really great end to my New Zealand experience. David and Gillian were kind and helpful, offering liberal advice on healthy eating and looking after the whole person. I hadn't been particularly well and I found my stay gave me the chance to recover and feel ready for the long-haul flight home. I was also given the opportunity to visit the market, the folk club and attend several yoga classes. My hosts prepared breakfast, lunch and dinner for me from freshly prepared vegetables from their own garden. All of this was much more than I had expected and I am very grateful for all the extras given to me.
The property was spacious warm and quiet, despite being in the city centre. It was close to all amenities and shops and the harbour.
David and Gillian were cool people and I am really glad to have had the opportunity to stay with them. (Jamie, 18 years old)

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The friendliness of the hosts
Liked least: Nothing that I disliked
Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Jul 27, 2015
Thank you for reviewing us.
Gillian and I hope all is going well for you.
Best wishes
David
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing