Stayed in this holiday home for 2D1N for my recent family trip to Auckland. My experience can be summarized as below:
- Excellent location at the quiet residential area.
- Short 2-3 walking distance to the nearest restaurants, cafes and even a large supermarket. Very close to Devonport village and short walk to beach.
- Very close to the Devonport village, short walk to beach, and also short walk to hike Mt Victoria where you can get an absolutely beautiful view of Auckland city skyline.
- There's an organic garden right in front of the studio which is tended by David. During the right season, you get to taste some of fruits from the garden :)
- Very friendly and helpful hosts (David and Gillian), ensured everything works well for us as we check in to their unit.
- Simple welcome fruit basket awaiting for us as we check in.
What to expect:
- It's a studio apartment at the bottom of David's and Gillian's home.
- Large unit, nicely renovated to fit one family of 3 - 4. Comes with dining table, kitchen utensils, microwave, fridge, kettle, towels, shampoo, hair dryers
- No TV in the unit (but not an issue for us as we don't really watch TV), not toothbrush so bring your own.
- Decent downlink/uplink speed WiFi provided.
- There are yoga sessions available on demand guided by David and Gillian. Ask around if you wish to have your private sessions.
- You also have your dedicated parking spot if you are driving there.
What can be improved:
- Nothing! Love this place, so keep it as it is!
- Though staying just for 1 night, I really felt like home and didn't really want to leave. Will recommend to others for sure and if I do return to Auckland, will definitely stay longer here as I really love Devonport as it's quiet and peaceful.
This apartment is well located within easy walking distance (5-10 mins) of the sea front, shops and restaurants with a supermarket just 2 mins walk away. The apartment itself is comfortable and equipped with a table and chairs, fridge, microwave, crockery, cutlery and a desk.
The owners are very helpful and welcoming. Our flight into Auckland arrived early morning well before normal check in time. On our arrival Gillian was very welcoming and offered us drinks and even took us for a walk round the town. The apartment was cleaned as soon as the previous nights occupants left and we were able to commence our stay there around midday which we really appreciated. Gillian and David even put some milk in the apartment fridge and fruit.
We preferred Devonport as a place stay to Auckland, it is more of a seaside town with a lovely vibe to it and still easy to get to Auckland via the ferry which is a very short journey. The entire family (kids and adults) highly recommend this apartment.
Wonderful location , safe and easy walk to ferry and buses. Shops handy and supermarket just across the road. Quiet spot. Friendly and very helpful owners Clean and tidy, really good shower and comfortable beds.
Very welcoming and helpful. Apartment clean, tidy, safe and comfortable. In such a great location. Good shower. Wifi good. We did not use our car once. Ferry to Auckland just around the corner and plenty of Cafes, banks, parks and the supermarket is just across the road. Nice safe and beautiful little town.
The accommodation was sparkling clean and super comfortable. Our hosts were welcoming without being intrusive. It is located a five minute stroll to the beachfront and all the restaurants and cafe's. Devonport feels like a maritime village - a beach holiday haven - not like a suburb of Auckland. We had a lovely time.
I was very happy with this accommodation.
It's conveniently situated at the quiet, residential end of a road leading down to Devonport’s main shopping centre and ferry terminal. The little cottage is set back from the road with a small, shady courtyard. It’s clean, well-equipped and comfortable and has a modern shower room with a drying rack. Though there’s no washing machine, a launderette is situated 5 minutes’ walk away, as is a supermarket with ATMs etc.
My hosts made me very welcome on my arrival and were helpful and thoughtful throughout my stay. I wouldn’t hesitate to book this cottage again.
I stayed in David and Gillian's apartment for the last 10 days of my 8 month student gap year in New Zealand. I found the atmosphere relaxing and a really great end to my New Zealand experience. David and Gillian were kind and helpful, offering liberal advice on healthy eating and looking after the whole person. I hadn't been particularly well and I found my stay gave me the chance to recover and feel ready for the long-haul flight home. I was also given the opportunity to visit the market, the folk club and attend several yoga classes. My hosts prepared breakfast, lunch and dinner for me from freshly prepared vegetables from their own garden. All of this was much more than I had expected and I am very grateful for all the extras given to me.
The property was spacious warm and quiet, despite being in the city centre. It was close to all amenities and shops and the harbour.
David and Gillian were cool people and I am really glad to have had the opportunity to stay with them. (Jamie, 18 years old)
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||People with disabilities|
|Older travelers||Families with young children|
|People with pets|