“Professional Quality Service & Convenient Location”

Peace and Plenty Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Devonport B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Awesome spacious character home oozes with charm. Friendly professional service from Judith and Stanley. Would love to know the secret muesli recipe.
The Peace and Plenty Inn lives up to its name. You won't want to go back to a motel/hotel after staying here. My only complaint... Why aren't there more places to stay with great hospitality, location and top food like the Peace and Plenty Inn. I can't think of a better place to take your partner to stay in Auckland. Looking forward to our next weekend here.

Room Tip: You can't really go wrong, however every room is unique in character.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 22, 2012

My friend is turning 50 and chose to have a "High Tea" (and bubbles) as one of the ways to mark her special occasion. I don't think she could have picked a nicer place for the "ladies" (all 25 of us) to celebrate the occasion.
Great food, delightful hostess(es), a lovely atmosphere and fantastic hats!! I will definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My favourite place in Auckland is Devonport, the view of the city are magnificent and it's maritime history lends Devonport a style all it's own.
I frequently visit Auckland and my fiancé and I love to stay at the Inn of Peace and Plenty. Judy looks after us with no problem service, sumptuous breakfasts and complete privacy.
Our favourite room is the Waitamata with balcony outlook towards the west and Mount Victoria.
I strongly recommend the Inn of Peace and Plenty; don't skip breakfast - really!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Good friendly place with excellent rooms, good breakfasts (maybe a little more choice) open and welcoming on a cold winter weekend. Shame about the dodgy wifi but you cannot have everything.

The located is excellent and with just a ferry ride to the CBD much better overall than staying in the city

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 8, 2012

The name for this place is apt as it is exactly that.
From the hospitality to the ambiance everything here was excellent.
Judy was very warm and friendly and made sure that everyday
I came back to a warm cozy and clean room.
I was on a business trip and stayed here for seven days and
although I was happy to go back home to my family, I was sad
to leave the Inn as I felt very much at home during my time
here.

Room Tip: No mater which room you choose you will be happy.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2012

The Peace and Plenty Inn is a gem in the heart of Devonport, 2 minutes walk to the ferry and even less to the shops and restaurants. The inn itself is warm and welcoming set out in an old English style. Judy and Stanley (her dog) are welcoming hosts and nothing is too much trouble. After our stay of 3 weeks there we now have a soft spot for the place. The room was beautiful, spacious and clean.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris B
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We only had one night away from the kids so we wanted it to be a bit special.Our stay at the Peace and Plenty was just that.We were made to feel so welcome from the start. The room was beautifully presented, warm and comfortable.So close to the centre of Devonport but very quiet and peaceful.The breakfast was as good as we had been lead to believe and set us up for the whole day.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Devonport
The Esplanade Hotel
Hilton Auckland
Hilton Auckland
#6 of 66 in Auckland Central
The Spencer on Byron Hotel

Been to Peace and Plenty Inn? Share your experiences!