“great”

The Olive Press Bistro & Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Only Been Open For 2 Weeks
Reviewed September 12, 2013

After 4 years of disappointment trying devonport for a dinner place, finally found an exotic place full of aroma and ethnicity. One of the best anti-pastie platter, I had in New Zealand with the pilot merlot made me so satisfied and the server (dekay) insist me to share a lemon tart with my partner which was an absolute delight for both of us. I don't stay in New Zealand so much otherwise, it would have been in my fave... Pitt stop.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My friend reccomended The Olive Press for my wife's 40th birthday dinner party. I booked a table for seven on saturday(24.8.13). We started with the seafood platter and black barn chardonnay and for mains we had steaks, pork belly and scallops. everything was great accompanied by wonderful service.......will be back soon

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Purchased a voucher from grabone and was very pleasantly surprised.. Food was great and it is a lovely venue.

I had the steak.. Loved it! The lemon tart dessert was yum also ..

Will definitely come back

2  Thank Ozzcam
Reviewed July 19, 2013

After 13yrs living in Devonport and being disappointed again and again with the quality of the local restaurants, which are at best OK for a quick casual dine but generally poor or very poor, this place is a pleasant surprise. Not sure we would describe the cuisine as "Italian", but there certainly is a Mediterranean influence. Great food, well presented. Good quality wine and beer available (try the Moa on tap). Service is a little eclectic, with just one guy handling front of house and one doing everything in the kitchen, but hey - you're in Devonport, home of eclectic. If you want pretentious ambience and fawning staff, stay in Remuera or the Viaduct and dine there. So, can be a little slow between courses or attention from the jack-of-all-trades host, but he is very pleasant and has a good sense of humour. Best two tips: 1. Order a drink as soon as you walk in, without hesitation, so you have something to share while waiting for his return for the meal order. 2. when ordering desert, tell him you are on a time limit and define that to suit when you want to eat (or you will be there for at least another drink, which is not so bad ether).

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Found this place through grab one and booked a table for four. We had mains with sides as part of the deal and all our meals well presented with generous portion size. We ordered desserts though we were quiet full and it was worth it. The service was discrete and efficient too. Definitely a place to checkout in Devonport.