“World Class Gem”

Cuisines: French, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We were visiting friends and had twc meals there to celebrate a birthday and an all round celebration. It was (to a meal) an amazing gourmet experience prepared by the deft hand of a first rate french chef and perfectly timed and served by a unobtrusive, friendly front of house manager. The restaurant was spotless, interesting (great local finds displayed on walls) and child friendly but not over run. Still perfectly possible to have a romantic meal a deux. I am from NYC and live in London and I am always over the moon when I find taste, quality and character (and good weather) all in the same place. As McArthur said, "I will return."

1  Thank David V
There are newer reviews for El Paniajo

Reviewed November 21, 2011

We stayed with friends in a nearby village and after our visit with them to El Paniajo on the first day, we went again -- and again! Wonderful hospitality from Jess and Anne-Marie, and an amazing camaradie amongst all patrons. After telling Jess how much we enjoyed a CD being played, she in no time presented us with a copy of it to take home. How about that for exceptional customer relations! We'll be back (from USA) as soon as we can.

1  Thank bobandali
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Highly recommend a visit, well worth the drive from Los Gallardos we make sure we go on ever visit to Spain it's our favourite treat, the food is the best .

Reviewed October 2, 2011

We try and visit this restaurant at least once during our visits to Southern Spain. This trip we managed 3 visits. Once with friends, and twice as a couple.

With a menu del dia, bar snacks and the full menu available, A restaurant, the bar, and outside tables, the choice of where to eat, and what to eat is very flexible.

In our 3 visits this September, we had a meal from all three different menus. The standard of food and the presentation was superb on each visit.

The choice is very wide, and they are able to cope with a gluten free diet.

Reviewed August 29, 2011

I have known of El Paniajo for approximately 7 years, it is without doubt not only my favourite restaurant in Spain but probably one of my top 5 in the world. The food is amazing and the girls that run the establishment have now become firm friends. When I think of going back to Almeria going to El Paniajo is what I look forward to most. II would highly recommend it for an excellent dining experience.