“Great Hospitality”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Landsmeer
Colette's Family Homes Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Landsmeer B&B and Inns
Ankara, Turkey
“Great Hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

I recommend to everyone who wants a tranquil and cosy place in Amsterdam. The houseowner madame and her family are very kind. Only 25 -30 minutes away to Amsterdam train station by bus. Best hospitality. Thanks.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank JaminAnkara

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

My wife I stayed with Colette and Noury and had a wonderful experience. She is very friendly and went out of her way to make sure we knew where we were going. She had all the bus routes printed out and knew exactly where to go. The B&B is about a 20 min bus ride to Central Station but don't let that scare you off. It is a great value to stay here compared with in city locations. One issue that you need to remember is to pack light. Like most Americans we brought too much stuff and it was a severe pain to get from airport to the train to the ferry. Don't try to save money just rent a taxi or pay Colette if she is available to pick you up at the airport. Also there are 13 spiral stairs leading up to the 2 rooms so packing lighter is a huge plus. Room and bath were fine with no issues. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DavidPence
Barry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Colette's over Easter and had a great time. Colette was very knowledgeable about the area. We found our way easily around and across the free ferry to Central Station and then on the trams down to the market on a Saturday Colette was very easy going and nothing was too much trouble. We a great stay thanks Colette

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Colette and her husband were away when we went so we were made welcome by her son Kane.
The room we had was the 3 bedded room as shown at the top of the reviews, very clean and comfortable with a big breakfast (taken in the room). Its not that big and 3 adults would be a struggle but ok for a small family. Kane was very helpful, you are loaned a travel card to get you around on the bus and the trams which you can charge up at the central station. Transport is easy to Amsterdam central there are 2 buses the 124 (more direct) and the 125 (goes all around the houses! But interesing.), it was exceptionally cold when we were there but the room was warm enough and Kane helped to turn the heating up when we were cold. If you want a city centre hotel this is not for you! But if you want a quiet cheap friendly place to stay with easy access to Amsterdam (about 20mins) they this is for you. There is a good app (9292) which gives all the travel times and prices of the buses trams and rail, we used it a lot.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
West Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

My sister and I stayed with Collette in April 2012 for a weekend after a riverboat trip through Belgium and Holland. We so much enjoyed staying in a home to give us more of a feeling of what residential life is like in the Netherlands. Her home is not far from more rural areas where you can walk or ride a bike and enjoy the countryside. A large park is also nearby. Landsmeer is a suburb of Amsterdam and you get there by taking a free ferry across the water. It takes five minutes and Collette comes and picks you up the first time you visit. Then she shows you how to take the bus from her house back to the ferry. We stayed in a compfortable upstairs room with three single beds. The staircase makes it a little difficult to carry up heavy suitcases, so she let us store them downstairs which was very convenient. There are not that many stairs, but they do curve around slightly going up. She serves wonderful breakfasts, so generous that you can take what you don't finish with you. She has lots of helpful advice on what to see and how to get there. The train and bus station in Amsterdam is conveniently located beside the ferry that you take to Landsmeer. That made it easy to visit the Keukenhof Gardens and other places of interest. I hope I can go back soon and stay with her again. What a delightful experience!

Pam R

Room Tip: The room we stayed in was upstairs, but she let us store our heavy luggage downstairs.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

The B&B is in an idyllic Dutch village 15min bus drive from Central Amsterdam, so I would recommend it to everybody who wants to stay close to the city, but at the same time have a quiet and relaxed night.

Collette has been very friendly, efficient and had thought about everything one may need. She even picked me up from close to the Central Station in Amsterdam and drove me to my next destination when I was leaving. The rooms were nice and clean and the breakfast was great (I even got lunch bags to pack what I haven't managed to eat for later!).

I would definitely go back again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Wiesbaden, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

At first, I was looking for the property because, reminiscent to my American lifestyle, I was expecting big flashy signs and and an obvious way in. It was, however, tucked into other similar looking houses. I was very confused, so I called and Colette explained, and after that it was smooth sailing. Colette was very friendly, knew everything one needs to be tuned into in order to make the most out of a trip to this historic city and was an amazing host to the both of us. Her picture was on the website and it was a surprise to see that she was actually the one that is here! We stayed in the first door that you see as soon as you come up the first set of stairs, and in this room it was small, quaint and the water out of the tap was crystal clear and completely potable. It tasted very good as well, as we were encouraged to try it. Room service was promptly at the time we agreed on, and we stayed for two nights as well, so when we left our room for the day, we were surprised to see that when we had come back during the night our room was clean. Overall, anyone coming to this place as a pair would be well taken care of, parking here is a breeze as it is semi-residential and less like finders keepers, the place is nice, and the atmosphere is so... Vacationy. Like going to visit your grandmother, it is a comfortable trip away from it all. :) Also, travel to and from downtown was a breeze, I am terrible with directions and with Colette's guidance I was able to navigate the streets no problem. I came with my personal vehicle so I had more options, but even without one, all you've got to do is remember timetables (or remember not to lose the paper the timetables are on) and you'll be just fine.

Room Tip: Lock your door when you're in AND of course, when you're not. You don't have to, but yo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brandon F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Landsmeer
Van der Valk Hotel Oostzaan - Amsterdam
Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Zaandam
Bastion Hotel Amsterdam Noord
Bastion Hotel Amsterdam Noord
#194 of 364 in Amsterdam

Been to Colette's Family Homes Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!