“Dreadful !”

Auberge de la Vallee Verte
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vernouillet
Auberge de la Vallee Verte
Ranked #1 of 1 Vernouillet B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Stopped on a Saturday. As the hotel is closed Sunday (so why do they rent rooms when they're closed ????), the manageress' prime concern was getting the bill paid (she "only" asked 3 times, probably thinking I was foreign so naturally a rogue and would run away without paying !!) Most insulting.

No full breakfast available on Sunday, but was promised a continental breakfast on tray in the room. I'm still waiting for it !
I was given the key to a garage so my vehicle (loaded with costly material) could be safely out of sight overnight (the area doesn't have the best reputation...). When I returned after midnight, the garage was already full !! Great !

As for the room...
The bed was harder than the floorboards, no remote controller in the room to use the TV, cheap and nasty furniture and to top it all the temperature control in the shower is blocked so too bad if the water's too hot or cold...

This is certainly the worst experience I've had so far in hotels. For far less Euros, I could have had real service and be guaranteed a breakfast and safe parking in most of the motels in the area.

You learn the hard way I suppose !

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Alan C

Reviewed February 26, 2012

Stay at la Vallee verte on a business trip to our site in Vernouillet.. Rooms were fine , very clean. But the real star is the restaurant here... We had no menu .. The owner , a bit of a character :-) told us the menu choices of which there were three for each course.. I had langoustines with scallops and prawns in little batter blankets .... Bliss.. I continued the seafood theme with monkfish with black truffle sauce ... Amazing and the portion size was really generous .. Finished with apple sorbet with calvados and sauté apples .. Beautiful but wished I'd gone for the chocolate noir cake I had a taste and it was wonderful... Breakfast next morning was v French .. Pain avec confiture and great coffee but to be honest I was still full from previous nights dinner .. A fantastic experience I would wholeheartedly recommend this place ...enjoy!!

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Mwaie
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Stayed here as I was visiting nearby Dreux on business, and it came recommended. This is a very small suburb of Dreux and apart from this establishment there is little else here.

The reception is warm and welcoming, and I was grateful for the excellent English spoken there. Rooms are nicely furnished and decorated, and very clean.

The restaurant is lovely. Very old, attractive and superb food.

The prices on the menu were rather alarming, but then I foiund the 30 Euro set 3 course menu which was exceptional value for money. On a Tuesday night I was told the restaurant would be busy which I took with a pinch of salt, but it was true. The place was full of customers, not all residents, and clearly this is the place to eat, see and be seen in the area. I can see why.

Breakfast is very basic, and to be honest not great value. The only negative point of the stay, and actually I have seen this a lot in some of the best establishments in France, so it is perhaps normal? It consisted of Bread in a few forms and jams / honey, and I was asked if I wanted a yoghurt. Along with coffee and juice, that was it. As we checked out I saw some ham left on another guest's plate. Not something we were offered.

Very good service and a really nice place to stay. Good parking opposite as well.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank GavinCT
Reviewed September 30, 2011

We use this excellent Auberge every year on our return trip through France, We have always been more than satisfied with the accomodation. The family based staff are friendly and efficient while the restaurant serves sublime food with an excellent wine list, we have never been dissapointed. One not eof warning, the Hotel and in particular the dining room can get very hot during the evening although this only becomes a problem when the temperature out side has been exceptionally warm.

Other than this minor quibble we would rate this establishment with four and a half stars.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank David O
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We have stayed at the hotel on numerous occasions for the past few years. Each time was a great start to our holiday in the south of France or a wonderful last night on our way back home to England. Nathalie and Patrice always give us a wonderful welcome , and the whole stay - from very comfortable rooms to a gastronomic delight in the restaurant is something we look forward to .We stayed there on our wedding anniversary, and they had very thoughtfully put a bottle of champagne in our room already chilled for us to celebrate.- a lovely touch. We have reccommended the hotel to friends , and they were equally impressed with their stay. We look forward to our next visit , hopefully in the Autumn.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DAVID1140
Reviewed August 13, 2010

We tend to wander off the autoroute on our way to our ultimate destination - with a copy of the Logis guide to help us find good accommodation during the trip, hence we wound up in Vernouillet.
Auberge de la Vallee Verte ranks up there with the best family run hotels.
Our room was comfortable with a large en-suite and overlooked the annexe and hotel car park across the road. To our delight tea and coffee was available in the room.
A really great place. Do not pass it by.
Canapes with pre-dinner drinks in the intimate bar led to a belt -busting foray through many well cooked and carefully presented courses from the superb fresh food on offer. (unusually for us we had several bottles of wine with the meal!! such was the delightfully languid ambience)
Unsurprisingly the bill was not tiny, but it was our first night away for many moons and we got carried away!.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank johnboycab
Reviewed June 25, 2010

This is the second visit that we have made to Auberge de la Vallee Verte - the first time was September 2009, and we found this hotel quite by chance. On that first visit our room was in the main hotel, and actually was rather disappointing. One annoying item was a missing plug for the handbasin in the bathroom, and the deco etc was in need of updating. A minor railway line also ran just outside the bedroom window. However, what made us return this June was the absolutely excellent Restaurant, with efficient waiting staff, and superb food. The Wifi broadband was too weak for me to achieve a satisfactory connection in the bedroom.
Our stay this June was in one of the adjacent "suites", just across the road from the hotel, with the added benefit of a secure garage for our car. This suite had a large bed in the good-sized room, and there was a small kitchenette, with kettle, 2-ring hob, fridge and sink. Unfortunately (for me) there was only a shower - not a bath - in the "bathroom" and after a long days travelling I had really been looking forward to having a relaxing bath. There was a raised terrace outside the Suite, overlooking a very pleasant garden frequented by many birds. The ideal place to sit out with a drink before Dinner.
We had a very pleasant Dinner in the charming Restaurant, although the meal was not quite up to the superb standard of the previous visit, and our first choice of wine was unavailable. But all in all, this is a very pleasant hotel, with friendly and helpful staff - it is one of the Logis de France hotels, which we find, on the whole, very good.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank StTropezLover
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernouillet
Inter-Hotel des Lys
#1 of 4 in Verneuil-sur-Avre
La Colliniere
La Colliniere
#1 of 1 in Dreux

Been to Auberge de la Vallee Verte? Share your experiences!